Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Ontario Planning Legislation & Commentary, 2023 Edition
This text offers expert commentary outlining key features of both the historical and the latest legislative changes presented with citations to relevant case law from both the Courts and the Ontario Land Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board / Local Planning Appeal Tribunal).
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Each passing year brings changes to land use planning laws and policies in the Province of Ontario, including the More Home for Everyone Act, 2022 (Bill 109), the More Homes Built Faster Act, 2022 (Bill 23) and the Helping Homebuyers, Protecting Tenants Act, 2023 (Bill 97). Having a reliable resource at your fingertips while attending a hearing, a public meeting, or otherwise navigating the complex environment of land use planning and appeals, is now vital to your practice.
In one, index-tabbed, portable volume, Ontario Planning Legislation & Commentary, 2023 Edition offers expert commentary outlining key features of the latest legislative changes presented with both historical context and with citations to relevant case law from both the Courts and the Ontario Land Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board / Local Planning Appeal Tribunal).
Features and Benefits
- Full text of the Planning Act; Ontario Land Tribunal Act, 2021; Greenbelt Act, 2005; Lake Simcoe Protection Act, 2008; Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001; Places to Grow Act, 2005; and selected Regulations – pertinent legislation at your fingertips
- Full text of the Provincial Policy Statement, the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, the Lake Simcoe Protection Plan, the Greenbelt Plan and the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan – handy references for land use planning
- Expert commentary – gain a solid understanding of how the Planning Act and related legislation have both evolved over time and currently fit together, with expert insights on recent planning issues and noteworthy decisions
- Index-tabbed format – Easy to locate the different sections of the book
Highlights of the 2023 Edition
- Extensive discussion on recent legislative activity such as:
- Bill 97, the Helping Homebuyers, Protecting Tenants Act, 2023
- Bill 23, the More Homes Built Faster Act, 2022
- Bill 109, the More Homes for Everyone Act, 2022
- Bill 197, the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Act
- Amendment No. 1 to the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (2019)
- Provincial Policy Statement 2020
Who Should Buy:
- Real estate and municipal law practitioners who need to be well grounded in the statutory and regulatory framework of the legislation
- Planners and other professionals in the land use planning industry who require a concise, yet in-depth, guide to the Planning Act for everyday reference
- Municipal councillors and staff who need straightforward information on how the legislation and planning process work
- Students looking for a resource that describes not only the current state of planning law in Ontario, but how it has evolved over time
Table of contents
Selected Planning Act Regulations
Ontario Land Tribunal Act, 2021
Ontario Land Tribunal Act, 2021, Regulations
Provincial Policy Statement, 2020
Greenbelt Act, 2005
Greenbelt Plan, 2017
Lake Simcoe Protection Act, 2008
Lake Simcoe Protection Plan
Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001
Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, 2017
Places to Grow Act, 2005
Places to Grow Act, 2005 Regulations
Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe