Ontario Motor Vehicle Insurance Law & Commentary, 2023 Edition
This unique portable resource serves as a single convenient point of reference for current Ontario motor vehicle insurance legislation.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This unique portable resource serves as a single convenient point of reference for current Ontario motor vehicle insurance legislation. The book contains in-depth commentary explaining the major features of current legislation, and highlights recent developments.
Features and Benefits
- Expert overview commentary – guides you through the complex and ever-changing landscape in auto insurance law
- Full text of Part VI (automobile insurance) of the Insurance Act and relevant Regulations, and related legislation – provides up to date legislation at your fingertips
- Pertinent FSRAO and FSCO bulletins, guidelines and forms – saves you time in locating the material from the FSCO website
- SABS forms and applicable OAPs – ensures you have the most recent version for reference
- Topical index of all reproduced legislation – ensures you find the legislation and regulations you are looking for quickly
New in This Edition
- Legislative updates to the Insurance Act Part VI and regulations
- Updates to the Current Financial Services Regulatory Author of Ontario and Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) Bulletins and Superintendent's Guidelines
- Updated Licence Appeal Tribunal Forms
- Updated Ontario Automobile Policies
Who Should Buy
- Personal injury and insurance lawyers who need reliable information when representing clients in motor vehicle insurance claims
- In-house counsel of insurance companies who will benefit from having the law at their fingertips
- Paralegals and law clerks who need guidance to understand the legislative framework
Table of contents
Detailed Table of Contents
Commentary – Ontario Motor Vehicle Insurance Schemes
Insurance Act (Part VI)
Insurance Act Regulations
SABS – Effective September 1, 2010 (O. Reg. 34/10)
FSRAO & FSCO Bulletins and Superintendent's Guidelines
Licence Appeal Tribunal Act
Common Rules of Practice and Procedure
Licence Appeal Tribunal Forms
OPCF 44R Family Protection Coverage
Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act and Regulation
Ontario Automobile Policy (OAP 1) (for use on or after January 1, 2022)
Ontario Garage Automobile Policy (OAP 4) (for use on or after April 1, 2019)
Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Act and Regulations
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Mortgages (2019 Reissue) / Motor Vehicles (2019 Reissue)Release date: July 26, 2019$325.00
Ontario Courtroom Procedure, 5th EditionRelease date: September 18, 2020$300.00
Ontario Courtroom Procedure, 5th Edition – Student EditionRelease date: September 18, 2020$160.00