2017 Occupational Health and Safety Act with Regulations for Ontario + E-Book
The Premium "Green Book" with a Hook – pay less and get more
The 2017 Occupational Health and Safety Act with Regulations for Ontario is a resource that fulfills the provincial requirement for your organization to post the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and includes all applicable regulations.
This functional, easy-to-use reference provides you with:
- A free eBook for easy searching and mobility (Bonus feature)
- The full-text of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, and the First Aid Requirements Regulation under the Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Act
- Summary of 2016 changes to the OHS Act and Regulations
- A handy and informative Workplace Safety Q&A section (Exclusive feature)
- A helpful index that includes page numbers and section numbers
Plus: Hanging Hook allowing book to be hung on bulletin boards.
New in the 2017 Edition
- Amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act from S.O. 2016, c. 37, Sched. 16., in force December 8, 2016, defining the "health and management system" and the authority of the Chief Fire Marshall in the accreditation of and setting of standards for a health and management system
- Recent amendments to regulations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), including:
- Construction Projects Regulation (O. Reg. 213/91) in force January 1, 2017, regarding new safety requirements related to the operation of suspended access equipment (SAE);
- Mines and Mining Plants Regulation (R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 854), in force January 1, 2017, requiring risk assessments and strengthening requirements for certain high hazards – including water and traffic management, and recording of seismic events
- Completely revised fines for violations under the Mines and Mining Plants Regulation (Reg. 854)
- Updated Q&A reflecting the most commonly asked questions, including:
- What are the elements of an effective health and safety program?
- How should an organization conduct workplace inspections?
- What is the role of the joint health and safety committee?
- What is WHMIS 2015?
- What are the fines and penalties for violations of occupational health and safety laws
Table of contents
Occupational Health and Safety Act
Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents
Criteria to Be Used and Other Matters to Be Considered by the Board Under Subsection 46 (6) of Act
Designated Substance–Asbestos on Construction Projects and in Buildings and Repair Operations
Health Care and Residential Facilities
Inventory of Agents or Combinations of Agents for the Purpose of Section 34 of the Act
Joint Health and Safety Committees–Exemption from Requirements
Mines and Mining Plants
Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training
Offices of the Worker and Employer Advisers
Oil and Gas–Offshore
Roll-Over Protective Structures
University Academics and Teaching Assistants
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
First Aid Requirements
Set Fines Under OHS Legislation
Practical Workplace Safety Questions & Answers