Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Written Advocacy, 2nd Edition
Now in its second edition, this helpful administrative law guide offers useful tips and advice for drafting effective letters, pleadings, memoranda, and other litigation-related documents.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Features and Benefits
- A survey of the content required in many documents that need to be drafted for civil litigation, along with tips on how to improve the chances of success with the written word
- Techniques of persuasion, as well as the applicable legal requirements for a whole host of different courtroom situations
- Sample precedents of pleadings (statements of claim, defences and counter-claims); legal memoranda; pre-trial memoranda; facta; motions; briefs; and written arguments
- Advice on effective writing for administrative tribunal and ADR briefs, as well as tips on written advocacy at the appellate level
- An essential resource written in a style that is accessible to everyone, including law students, articling students, newly-called lawyers and paralegals
New in This Edition
Updated sample precedents for written arguments at trial, letters, and statements of claim and defence A new chapter on writing legal letters and emails, including special email considerations, legal opinions, threatening letters and without prejudice letters A new chapter on drafting legal memoranda
Who Will Benefit From This Book?
This administrative law book will be a particularly useful resource for anyone interested in honing their skills to deliver effective and persuasive written advocacy in their litigation or administrative law cases, including:
- Junior lawyers and articling students at large and mid-sized law firms
- Sole practitioners and small law firms that don't specialize in litigation, but take on some matters from time to time
- Paralegals and students enrolled in advocacy courses
- Anyone enrolled in a law school or paralegal college course covering advocacy
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Grammar
Chapter 4: Legal Memorandum
Chapter 5: Civil Pleadings
Chapter 6: Motions and Applications
Chapter 7: Pre-Trial Conference Memoranda
Chapter 8: ADR Briefs
Chapter 9: Factums
Chapter 10: Written Argument at Trial
Chapter 11: Appeals
Chapter 12: Written Advocacy Before Administrative Tribunals
Discovery in Canadian Common Law: Practice, Techniques and Strategies + E-Book PDFRelease date: July 06, 2017$145.00
Procedural Strategies for Litigators, 3rd EditionRelease date: September 09, 2015$175.00
British Columbia Litigator's Pocket Guide to EvidenceRelease date: January 31, 2010$145.00