The Practitioner's Criminal Precedents, 6th Edition + USB
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
**Please note LexisNexis' USBs, CDs and DVDs are not compatible with Mac software.
Baffled by drafting criminal pleadings?
The intricacies of drafting are often one of the pain spots of a criminal law practice. Courts now require a multitude of documents – notices, submissions, affidavits, facta – for both criminal and quasi-criminal cases. These documents can be time-consuming to draft – especially when you encounter a new type of motion or proceeding for the first time. The Practitioner's Criminal Precedents, 6th Edition equips you with close to 500 precedents. They range from the routine to the highly specialized, covering every type of precedent you will ever need.
- Chronological sequence – Easily locate documents for each stage of a proceeding, including all steps in between: judicial interim release, preliminary hearing, trials, sentencing, and leave to appeal and appeals
- Helpful commentary at the start of each precedents section – Fully understand the function of the documents used throughout a proceeding
- USB of documents with each form and precedent saved individually – Customize forms and documents for your own use
- Cross-references to Gold's The Practitioner's Criminal Code – Simplify further research on a particular point of law
- Cross-references to equivalent sections of criminal proceedings rules – Product of use for lawyers practising in all jurisdictions
What's New In This Edition
- New and revised precedents resulting from the omnibus Bill C-75 amendments to the Criminal Code and various recent Supreme Court of Canada decisions
- New and revised precedents such as:
- Written notice to re-elect mode of trial, with 10 variations
- Charter s. 10(b) precedents, Charter s. 11(b) precedents
- SOIRA exemption applications
Who Should Read This Book
- Criminal lawyers who need a time-saving resource for drafting the myriad documents demanded by every case
- Criminal law clerks who may be asked to draft these documents
- Paralegals who handle criminal and quasi-criminal cases
- Criminal law instructors seeking a collection of precedents packed with directional advice
Table of contents
Detailed Table of Contents
Table of Legislation
Chapter 1: Practitioner Precedents
Chapter 2: Release
Chapter 3: Pre-trial (Including Preliminary Inquiry)
Chapter 4: Search and Seizure
Chapter 5: Trial and Dispositions
Chapter 6: Charter
Chapter 7: Sentencing and Similar Dispositions
Chapter 8: Appeals and Judicial Review
Chapter 9 Extra-Jurisdictional Proceedings
Appendix A: Concordance of Courts Hearing Criminal Matters
Appendix B: Criminal Forms – English-Language Provinces
Appendix C: Alcohol Interlock Legislation
New!PreorderThe Practitioner's Ontario Criminal Practice, 2023 Edition + E-BookNew!Release date: April 30, 2023$135.00
A Practical Guide to the Charter: Section 11(b)Release date: April 04, 2019$125.00
A Practical Guide to the Charter: Section 10(b) + USBRelease date: August 24, 2020$125.00