The Law of ADR in Canada – An Introductory Guide, 3rd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Fast and Fair – Choose the Right Dispute Resolution Method
Litigation is no longer the default mechanism for resolving a commercial or civil dispute. Today, the key issue for parties in dispute is choosing a process that is both fair and affordable. The Law of ADR in Canada – An Introductory Guide, 3rd Edition explains dispute resolution mechanisms available throughout Canada, from common ones like mediation and arbitration to those not typically covered in books on dispute resolution like community and faith-based approaches.
Discover when and how to use:
- Aboriginal courts
- Dispute review boards
- Community and faith-based dispute resolution
- International arbitration
- Apologies legislation
- Settlement conferences
- Court annexed mediation
- Pre-trial conferences
- Other related ADR methods
What’s New In This Edition
- Covers legislative and judicial changes in the law since the publication of the second edition four years ago, including the Supreme Court of Canada decision Uber Technologies Inc. v. Heller, 2020 SCC 16
- Updates to the section on arbitration costs
- Updates to the various provincial and federal adjudication schemes
- Discussion of new developments in construction adjudications across Canada
Who Should Read This Book
- Students of any course that provides an introductory look at ADR
- Corporate counsel responsible for selecting resolution processes when disputes arise
- Professionals in corporate public markets whose advice is sought on dispute resolution, including senior executives, credit managers, business advisors, engineers, accountants, and architects
- Large law firms seeking a comprehensive, cost-effective guide to ADR
- Law and commercial libraries that maintain up-to-date resources on dispute resolutions
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Private Dispute Resolution
Chapter 3: Ombudspersons
Chapter 4: Apologies Legislation
Chapter 5: Public Alternative Dispute
Appendix A: Generic Arbitration Agreement
Appendix B: Generic Mediation Agreement
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Construction (2021 Reissue)Release date: January 25, 2021$330.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Administrative Law (2022 Reissue) / Agriculture (2022 Reissue) / Alternative Dispute Resolution (2022 Reissue)Release date: July 29, 2022$330.00
New!PreorderCanadian Business Corporations Law, 4th Edition – Volume 1 (General Principles)New!Release date: June 30, 2023$280.00