The Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty - Text and Commentary
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Canada and the United States share the world's largest economic relationship - cross-border trade generates over $400 billion (US) per year. Given the sheer number and variety of cross-border transactions, it is no surprise that the Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty is Canada's most significant treaty.
Butterworths The Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty: Text and Commentary is the first-ever detailed commentary on the entire treaty. Instead of relying on just the treaty text or searching for articles on aspects of the treaty, now you can turn to this comprehensive reference. Insightful commentary by renowned tax expert Vern Krishna will help you to plan the structure tax-effective transactions that avoid penalties and burdensome tax consequences.
With time-saving calculations and instructive examples, The Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty: Text and Commentary gives you a clear grasp of...
- Tax implications for different types of operations - in which country should tax returns be filed? What are the advantages and disadvantages of a permanent establishment? When must GST be charged?
- Anti-abuse issues - what constitutes treaty shopping? How are withholding taxes calculated? How do anti-avoidance rules differ between Canada and the US?
- Current issues - how will recent legislation and controversial budget proposals affect tax collecting practices and anti-avoidance rules?
Plus, these invaluable documents:
- Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty as amended including the integrated Protocols to date
- US Model Convention
- OECD Model Convention
- Income Tax Conventions Interpretations Act
- Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Commentary on Treaty