Small Claims and Simplified Procedure Litigation, 4th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Covering pre-litigation issues, bringing and defending claims and post-trial considerations, this invaluable civil litigation handbook provides step-by-step analysis of practice and procedure both in Small Claims Court and pursuant to the Simplified Procedure Rules.
This edition has been fully updated to reflect the 2001 increase in the monetary jurisdiction of the Small Claims Court of $10,000 and the application of the Simplified Rules to cases involving claims of between $10,000 and $50,000. It also features revised coverage of case management and the 2002 costs regime.
- Topical commentary that explains each stage in the small claims and simplified procedure - from the initial client interview to enforcing or appealing judgements
- Full text of the Small Claims Court Rules, Rule 76 (Simplified Procedure) and selected provisions of the Courts of Justice Act plus all court forms and fees
- Rule-by-rule case annotations of court decisions that have interpreted or applied the Small Claims Court Rules and Rule 76
- Easy-to-understand flowcharts that guide you through the maze of procedural rules which govern an action or appeal
- Costs Grid table of the fees for services authorized by the Law Society of Upper Canada
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Meeting Your Client
Chapter 3: Getting Started
Chapter 4: Pleading Your Case
Chapter 5: Resolving the Action After Pleadings
Chapter 6: Settling the Action
Chapter 7: Discovering the Case: Pre-Trial Proceedings
Chapter 8: Preparing for Trial
Chapter 9: Conducting the Trial
Chapter 10: Enforcing Judgement
Chapter 11: Appealing the Judgement