Sexual Misconduct in Education - Prevention, Reporting and Discipline, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Foreword by W. Doug Wilson, Registrar and Chief Executive Officer, Ontario College of Teachers.
Sexual abuse is a serious crime. The Student Protection Act, 2002 drastically changed the law on sexual misconduct in schools. Along with new procedures and regulations, the Act also introduced many complicated, often confusing legal issues. Designed especially for educators and administrators, Sexual Misconduct in Education: Prevention, Reporting and Discipline is your comprehensive guide to these important changes.
Features and Benefits
- Definitions of criminal responsibility and civil liability
- The importance of reporting suspected misconduct to the police and Children's Aid Societies
- Specific issues that arise with children under age 16, adolescents, as well as adult and special needs students
- Dealing with employees after reporting suspicions and allegations
- A review of external investigation procedures
- How principals and teachers can become more proactive in preventing sexual misconduct
- Seven controversial scenarios, based on real-life cases, to test your knowledge of the Student Protection Act, along with analysis and suggested courses of action
- Excerpts from relevant federal and provincial legislation, such as the Criminal Code of Canada, the Education Act, and the Child and Family Services Act of Ontario
- The Ontario College of Teachers Professional Advisory
- Protocol for reporting teacher professional misconduct
- Policy for dealing with abuse and neglect of students
- Regulations, sample policies and procedures, and checklists
New in this edition
- A discussion of pornography and the use of the internet as well as a section on women as sexual offenders and predators
- An update of the relevant case law
- A review of the suggestions for responding to sexual misconduct based on the changed protocols of the governing bodies
- The addition of new scenarios dealing with cyber stalking
Click here to read a review of this title
Table of contents
PART ONE: Introduction
PART TWO: Safe School Initiatives
Chapter 1: Code of Conduct
Chapter 2: Local Police/School Board Protocol
Chapter 3: Appropriate Dress Policy
Chapter 4: Opening or Closing Exercises
Chapter 5: Prior Safe Schools Requirements
Chapter 6: Other Initiatives
PART THREE: Student Discipline under the Safe Schools Act
Chapter 7: "Mandatory" Discipline
Chapter 8: Suspensions
Chapter 9: Expulsions
Chapter 10: The Discipline Process
Chapter 11: Student Discipline - Appeal Procedures
Chapter 12: Denial of Access Provisions
Chapter 13: Discipline of Special Needs Pupils
PART FOUR: Supplementary Documentation
New!Your Employment Standards Questions Answered – Federal and Provincial Guidance, 9th EditionNew!Release date: December 08, 2021$125.00
New!PreorderModern First Nations Legislation Annotated, 2022 EditionNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$118.00
New!PreorderOutbreaks: A Practical Legal and Risk Management Primer for the Healthcare SectorNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$150.00