Sale of a Business, 14th Edition + USB
This fully revised and updated edition provides comprehensive, step-by-step guidance that takes you through the sale of a business from beginning to end.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
**Please note LexisNexis' USBs, CDs and DVDs are not compatible with Mac software.
The Road Map for Sale and Purchase of a Business – NOW in its 14th Edition
Advising clients on the purchase or sale of a business requires you to stay abreast of all applicable legislation and procedures. Now in its 14th Edition and updated by one of Canada's leading commercial law practitioners, this fully revised and updated edition provides comprehensive, step-by-step guidance that takes you through the sale of a business from beginning to end.
Features and Benefits
- Expert commentary – offers background to enable you to easily adapt the forms to the transaction at hand and alerts you to particular statutory requirements
- Forms and precedents – more than 150 transactional and legal documents tailored to your client's needs. In certain cases, alternative or optional clauses are supplied which supplement the precedents
- Checklists – numerous checklists will help you structure documents from beginning to end, as well as create custom-made documents
Also included are:
- Alternative clauses for purchase agreements providing additional flexibility in your drafting
- Numerous search letter precedents
- Discussion of the issues that arise in organizing and financing the purchase, including precedents to accompany the commentary
- Special vendor section – estates, secured creditors, receivers, trustees in bankruptcy, mortgagees under power of sale
- Checklists are cross-referenced to pertinent commentary, including:
- Freehold investigations
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Considerations for purchaser/vendor
- Purchasing a franchise
- Employment and labour law
- Intellectual property
- Environmental considerations
- Pension considerations
What's New In This Edition
- Update on recent changes to privacy legislation
- Discussion of recent practice trends
- Updated government and registration contact information
- Includes a folio USB of more than 150 forms and precedents
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Preliminary Notes
Chapter 2: Preliminary Issues
Chapter 3: Due Diligence and Investigations
Chapter 4: Documenting the Asset Deal
Chapter 5: Documenting the Share Deal
Chapter 6: The Special Vendor
Chapter 7: Organizing the Purchaser
Chapter 8: Financing the Deal
Forms and Precedents
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Commercial Law II: Bills of Exchange (2024 Reissue) / Consumer Protection (2024 Reissue) / Sale of Goods (2024 Reissue)New!Release date: February 27, 2024$335.00
New!Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs): Emerging Legal & Policy ConsiderationsNew!Release date: February 26, 2024$110.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Wills and Estates (2024 Reissue)New!Release date: February 21, 2024$335.00