Practical Guide to E-Commerce and Internet Law + CD
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Stay Ahead of the Curve
Drafted by two attorneys whose practical and academic experience dates back to the early days of IT, this information technology law book offers a thorough discussion of the Canadian legal framework pertaining to e-commerce and contractual arrangements, intellectual property law, privacy and anti-spam law, competition law, as well as legislation that may affect advertising and social media activities. Of particular practical value are the following precedents that are included with the volume, along with relevant practitioners' notes, comments and tips:
- E-commerce terms and conditions
- Copyright assignment
- Website development agreement
- Website hosting agreement
- Website linking agreement
- Web advertising agreement
- Anti-spam commitment
- Social media policy
- User-generated content policy
- Contest and promotional rules
Written in plain English and an easy-to-understand style, this guide is accessible to all readers – even those without an extensive legal background. Because it provides advice addressing the most common issues arising in connection with electronic commerce, Practical Guide to E-Commerce and Internet Law is especially useful to organizations that have an online presence, as well as their legal, marketing and public relations advisors. In particular, an organization will benefit from learning how to:
- Protect its creations, brands and inventions, using intellectual property tools (copyright, trademarks, domain names and patents);
- Comply with privacy and anti-spam laws in its electronic business and marketing practices (behavioural marketing, e-mail marketing and electronic communications practices);
- Comply with laws regulating online advertising and contests;
- Better understand social media risks (e.g. potential damage to reputation and brand) and how to handle these risks (i.e. managing employees who are active on social media, managing risks when operating a website which includes a blog or user-generated content, etc.); and
- Enter into an agreement for the development or hosting of a website.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: E-Commerce Agreements
Chapter 3: Copyright
Chapter 4: Trade-Marks
Chapter 5: Domain Names
Chapter 6: Patents
Chapter 7: Website Development
Chapter 8: Website Hosting
Chapter 10: Online Advertising, Linking and Framing
Chapter 11: Email Marketing
Chapter 12: Behavioural Marketing
Chapter 13: Social Media
Chapter 14: User Generated Content
Chapter 15: Promotional Contests
Understanding Personal Information: Managing Privacy RisksRelease date: March 31, 2013$200.00
New!PreorderCanadian Patent Law, 4th EditionNew!Release date: April 30, 2021$295.00
The Privacy Officer’s Guide to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2020 EditionRelease date: October 17, 2019$105.00