Personal Injury Damages, 2018 Edition
The practice of assessing non-pecuniary damages is an exercise of familiarity with precedents and the numerous factors considered by the court in arriving at that figure for that particular plaintiff. Personal Injury Damages will simplify this delicate balancing act, while providing you with current information you need in one convenient and portable reference guide.
Along with the Cumulative Editions* and the 2017 annual edition, this 2018 Edition includes all cases reported from January 2017 through December 2017, and will serve as your primary point of reference in researching personal injury damages.
The book features:
- A Quantum index organized by provinces/territories in descending order of damages quantum
- An Injury index organized by injury categories in reverse chronological order
- Commentary offering an analytical overview of the case law from January 2017 through December 2017, with statistics on the assessments awarded from courts across Canada
- Appendix A: Basic Anatomy and Physiology – A primer on medical concepts, with extensive commentary
- Appendix B: Glossary of Medical Terms – Over 750 definitions, from Abdomen to Zygoma
- Appendix C: Medical Drawings – Close to 30 detailed diagrams
Personal Injury Damages is the resource you'll need to reach early settlement of claims or prepare for assessment of damages at trial. You'll also find a useful discussion of factors that affect the assessment of damages.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive coverage – Contains virtually all English and common-law cases in Canada where non-pecuniary damages were assessed by a judge, from January 2017 to the end of December 2017
- Easy to use format – Makes assessing non-pecuniary damages easier than ever with two time-saving case indices
- Current information – Contains most recent case decisions for your best source of information
- Up-to-date statistics – Includes the number of assessments and the average assessment for all provinces/territories
- Table of cases – Find the case you're looking for faster
*All cumulative editions available both as separate offering and in combo set. For further inquiries, contact customer service at: 1-800-387-0899.
Table of contents
Table of Cases
Provincial and Territorial Quantum Index
Appendix A: Basic Anatomy and Physiology
Appendix B: Glossary of Medical Terms
Appendix C: Medical Drawings