Law for Canadian Health Care Administrators, 3rd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Manage Legal Risk, Avoid Costly Errors
Law for Canadian Health Care Administrators 3rd Edition offers practical solutions for Health Care Administrators to address their unique needs and decision-making responsibilities. This book presents solutions to routine legal issues and provides case examples from a wide range of health care settings. Discover possible pitfalls, background regarding how lawsuits arise, and direction as to when to seek expert legal advice. This book will also be helpful to lawyers who, regardless of area of practice, may be asked to give advice to and/or represent, a health facility. Also detailed within are major legal issues confronting health care administrators today, plus references to key legislation for each province.
Features of This Book
This book is go-to legal resource and includes:
- Comprehensive coverage of Health Care Facilities, Professions and Insurance, and related areas of the law, including inquests, employment and labour law and constitutional issues, as they relate to health law and health care administrators
- Statutory references at the end of relevant chapters for further research and handy reference
- National coverage, regardless of where the legal or health issue may occur in Canada
What’s New in This Edition
- Detailed consideration of legislative changes addressing mental health law
- Substantially revised chapters on consent to treatment and the Charter in light of significant legislative and case law updates, including the Supreme Court of Canada case Carter v. Canada (Attorney General)
- Discussion of significant updates for administrators regarding the maintaining, retention and usage of electronic health records and personal health information
- Discussion of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic for health care administrators
- Updated case law and legislative changes through all chapters, detailing salient legal developments on related legal areas which affect the health care sector such as:
- Employment and Labour Law, including new case law concerning wrongful dismissal, workplace health-related policies and violence in the workplace
- Inquests and Inquiries, including new case law and legislation related to recommendations provided at inquests and public fatalities inquiries
- Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, including cases related to Freedom of Expression and the right to Life, Liberty and Security of the Person
Who Should Read This Book
- Hospital administrators and executives seeking ready answers to straightforward questions, particularly on physician privileges, and assistance in identifying situations requiring legal counsel
- Community health administrators and executives, including at long-term care facilities, home care associations, and Community Care Access Centres, wishing to learn about the law of consent, risks of medical malpractice, and privacy issues and protection of health information
- Health lawyers who must know how legal issues affect health administrators to aid in assessing legal risk
- Professors of health law and health care administration who need a teaching resource and reference work outlining legal issues for health care administrators
Table of contents
Foreword by Catherine Gaulton, Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada , HIROC – Chief Executive Officer
Chapter 1: Canadian Health Facilities
Chapter 2: Canadian Health Care Insurance
Chapter 3: Canadian Health Professions – Status and Discipline
Chapter 4: Health Records and Personal Health Information
Chapter 5: Mental Health Law
Chapter 6: Consent to Treatment
Chapter 7: Malpractice and Institutional Liability
Chapter 8: Inquests and Inquiries
Chapter 9: Employment Law and Labour Relations Law
Chapter 10: Hospital Privileges
Chapter 11: Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Canadian Health Law Practice ManualRelease date: January 01, 2000$1,200.00
Canadian Nurses and the Law, 2nd EditionRelease date: January 01, 1999$145.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Athletics (2021 Reissue) / Aviation and Space (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 30, 2021$320.00