International Business Law for Canadians - A Practical Guide
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
In an increasingly global economy, more Canadian businesses will vigorously pursue international business opportunities, whether by exporting a successful product, providing services in another jurisdiction, or establishing a foreign presence. To do so successfully, business managers and lawyers must understand the laws that govern these activities both in Canada and the international context. These laws include:
- Public international laws - commonly found in international trade treaties
- Private international laws - national laws that govern an international business project
- Laws governing the import and export of goods to and from Canada - encompassing sanctions, controls, tariffs, trade law remedies, and safeguards
A Multipurpose Resource
- Excellent primer for students -covers topics required in most international business law courses and those typically required by accreditation bodies
- Comprehensive desktop reference for business lawyers - assists with resolving day-to-day client issues, determining sources of law, and initiating research
- Overview of risk management issues for business managers - explains basic laws, important policy rationale, and areas of legal risk relevant to project management
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Study of Law
Chapter 2: Introduction to the Laws Affecting Canadian Businesses
Chapter 3: Public International Trade Law
Chapter 4: Principles of Canadian Contract Law
Chapter 5: International Contracts
Chapter 6: Negligence and Product Liability
Chapter 7: Methods of Dispute Resolution
Chapter 8: International Litigation
Chapter 9: Forms of Business Organization
Chapter 10: Intellectual Property
Chapter 11: E-Commerce and the Internet
Chapter 12: Competition and Anti-Trust Law
New!PreorderOutbreaks: A Practical Legal and Risk Management Primer for the Healthcare SectorNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$150.00
New!PreorderCanadian Immigration & Refugee Law Practice, 2022 Edition + E-BookNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$188.00
New!PreorderCanadian Tort Law – Cases, Notes & Materials, 16th EditionNew!Release date: January 31, 2022$175.00