In Furtherance of Justice: The Judicial Life of Thomas A. Cromwell
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This collection of papers discusses the career and legacy of the former Supreme Court of Canada Justice Thomas Cromwell, who retired in September, 2016. The volume also celebrates His Honour's contributions to the legal developments in many areas of private and public law in Canada.
- Contributions from leaders in a variety of capacities in the legal community, including academia, judges and practitioners
- Examination of Justice Thomas Cromwell's roles and perspectives as displayed and expressed in his various judiciary capacities and appointments
- Reflections on Justice Cromwell's landmark judgments on a variety of areas of law including digital privacy, contract, constitutional and restitution
The Collection of Papers
- Introduction – Stephen Aylward and Pam Hrick
PART I: JUDGE, PROFESSOR & MAN
- Justice Thomas Cromwell: A man for all seasons – by the Honorable Louis LeBel
- Believing the Best of Others: The Jurisprudence of Justice Thomas Cromwell – by Steve Coughlan
- The 'Atlantic Seat' on the Supreme Court of Canada: An Endangered Species? – by Philip Girard
PART II: CIVIL PROCEDURE & ACCESS TO JUSTICE
- Engaging with the Cromwell Committee on Access to Justice: 'Beyond Wise Words' – Towards a Less Adversarial Approach to Family Justice – by Mary-Jo Maur & Nicholas Bala
- From Reasons to Roadshows: The Contributions of the Honourable Thomas A. Cromwell to Access to Justice – by Elizabeth T.W. France, Pam Hrick & Daphné Wermenlinger
- 'They Want In': Sex Workers and Legitimacy Debates in the Law of Public Interest Standing – by Lisa Kerr & Elin Sigurdson
PART III: PRIVATE LAW
- Justice Cromwell and the Law of Restitution – by John D. McCamus
- Justice Cromwell and Unjust Enrichment: A Sad Farewell – by Mitchell McInnes
- Defining the Scope of Fiduciary Liability – by Paul B. Miller
- Justice Cromwell and Fiduciary Duties: Placing Law Into Context – by Leonard I. Rotman
- Unfairness and Good Faith in Contract Law: a New Approach – by Stephen Waddams
- Justice Tom Cromwell's Contracts Decisions: Starting from the Right Place -- by Angela Swan
PART IV: PUBLIC LAW
- Showing Them How It's Done: Justice Cromwell's International Law Jurisprudence – by Robert J .Currie
- Justice Cromwell and Administrative Law: A Steady Hand on the Tiller – by John M. Evans & Jeffrey Haylock
- Technological Neutrality or Novelty? Two Models of Privacy in the Digital Era – by Stephen Aylward
- Federation of Law Societies: Towards a Deeper Understanding of the Principles of Fundamental Justice – by Alexandra Mogyoros
- Primauté du Droit, Originalisme et Arbre Vivant : Les Tensions Au Cœur Des Interprétations Constitutionnelles de la Cour Suprême du Canada Durant les Années du Juge Cromwell – by François Goyer
Add this to your library
- Legal academics – learn about the legal writings and philosophies of Supreme Court of Canada judges who shaped the legal landscape of Canada
- Legal historians – anyone studying and researching the history and workings of the Supreme Court of Canada will wish to learn about the contributions of retired Supreme Court of Canada judges
- Law libraries – a valuable addition on the history and background of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Judges – reflect on insights of Supreme Court of Canada judges for purposes of articulating or formulating decisions
Table of contents
Part I: Judge, Professor & Man
Part II: Civil Procedure & Access to Justice
Part III: Private Law
Part IV: Public Law
The Law of Unincorporated Associations in CanadaRelease date: August 28, 2020$130.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Receivers and Other Court Officers (2021 Reissue) / Restitution (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 30, 2021$320.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Real Property (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 30, 2021$320.00