Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Mortgages (2019 Reissue) / Motor Vehicles (2019 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
Joseph E. Roach, B.A.(S.C.), B.Ed.(N.B.), LL.B.
This title is the ideal resource for practitioners,academics and jurists seeking a straightforward narrative of the legal rules relating to the giving, taking and enforcement of mortgage security. The title is particularly helpful for those for whom mortgage law is not an area of ongoing expertise. A fully national work, it includes a discussion of law relating to hypothecs (both moveables and immoveables) under Québec's Civil Code and includes topics such as:
- Common law, statutory and equitable mortgages
- Mortgage registration and priority of security against title
- Calculation and payment of interest
- Equity of redemption and the right to redeem
- Mortgage remedies
- Foreclosure actions
- Judicial sale
- Private or extrajudicial sale
- Right to possession
- Rules governing actions of the covenant and enforcement of the mortgage contract
- The doctrine of novation
- Assignment of mortgages
- Guarantees and guarantor's obligations
The Hon. Justice Stephen E. Firestone, B.A., LL.B.
This well-crafted national work provides a systematic, one-stop compendium of the law as it relates to the ownership and operation of motor vehicles including issues such as:
- Constitutional considerations and the division of legislative responsibility
- Licensing requirements for both vehicles and drivers
- Equipment and safety requirements
- Rules of the road
- General enforcement and prosecution issues
- Powers of police officers in relation to vehicles
- Parking rules and enforcement
- Regulation of driving instructors and driving schools
- Regulation of off-road vehicles
- Motor vehicle insurance
- Rates, premiums and classification of risks
- Statutory conditions
- Damages and benefits payable under motor vehicle insurance contracts
- Duties of insured and insurer
Table of contents
IV. Judicial Sale
V. Extrajudicial Sale - Power of Sale
VI. Action on the Covenant
VIII. Mortgage Agreement
X. Acceleration and Due-On-Sale Clauses
II. Regulation of Motor Vehicles in Canada
III. Motor Vehicle Licensing and Registration
IV. Vehicle Equipment and Safety Requirements
V. Rules of the Road
VI. Enforcement, Penalties and Procedures
VII. Parking and Parking Permits
VIII. Off-Road Vehicles
IX. Driving Instructors and Driving Schools