Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Infants and Children (2018 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $320 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
Children are traditionally the most vulnerable members of any society, and the law relating to legal minors and their rights plays an important and special role in assuring their well-being. Issues relating to minors impact a wide variety of fields and a broad range of transactions, making a solid understanding of those issues and the law that governs them, crucial to Canadian lawyers.
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Infants and Children (2018 Reissue) sets out the legislation and case law that governs minors in Canada, and discusses topics such as legal status and rights, contractual and property rights, child protection laws, custody, access and adoption, and child support.
Topics covered include:
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Status of children under the Charter
- Parens patriae jurisdiction
- Custody and access
- Joint custody and sole custody
- Access and mobility rights
- Allegations of sexual abuse or violence in custody and access disputes
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Abduction and enforcement of custody orders
- Placement, consent and access
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis children
- Child support
- Eligibility for child support
- Child support guidelines
- Death of a parent
- Support enforcement legislation
- Income assistance and support for children with disabilities
- Income tax rules governing support
- Child protection
- Voluntary care proceedings
- Risk of physical or emotional harm
- Court proceedings
- Obligations of children's aid societies
- Dispositions, interim and extended society care and children's rights
- Civil participation and capacity
- Voting rights
- Employment issues
- Gaming and betting, use of alcohol, drugs and tobacco
- Representation in court proceedings
- Entering into contracts
- Status of children in court
- Legal representation
- Child witnesses
- Causes of action and damages
- Protection of privacy
And much more.
Table of contents
I. International Law and Children's Rights
II. Custody, Access and Adoption
III. Child Support
IV. Child Protection
V. Capacity and Civil Participation
VI. Civil Litigation