Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Family (2022 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
Family law issues can be related to any area of practice and are therefore an ongoing concern for lawyers in every field of practice. Whether in regard to the sale of a business, the collateral securing of a debt, disposal of a family asset or the general framework relevant to the division of property, legal counsel must always be prepared to provide straightforward answers to practical questions concerning the implications of marriage, co-habitation, separation and divorce.
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Family (2022 Reissue) is the ideal resource for practitioners seeking a clear understanding of the black letter law in this important area. The title carefully, concisely and reliably explains the legislation and cases that govern family law issues in every jurisdiction in Canada, allowing non-specialists to quickly locate, contextualize and apply the basic elements of the law.
Topics covered include:
- The constitutional framework
- The legalities of marriage
- Requirements for a valid marriage, including consent, form of ceremony, and registration
- Qualified parties to a marriage, consanguinity and affinity, consummation, "immigration marriages" and recognition of foreign marriages
- Void and voidable marriages, and annulment distinguished from divorce
- Divorce proceedings
- Jurisdiction in divorce and corollary relief proceedings
- Ordinary or habitual residence
- Petitions or applications for divorce
- Application for corollary relief
- Variation of corollary relief orders
- Grounds for divorce
- Bars, defences and duties of the court
- Duties of the legal advisor
- Certificate of divorce and appeals
- Religious barriers to remarriage
- Property claims on breakdown of relationships
- Standing for married persons, common law spouses and third parties
- Property subject to division
- When application can be brought
- Types of property
- Application of trust law principles
- Unjust enrichment and constructive trusts
- Rights against secured creditor of spouse's assets
- Deductions and exclusions
- Valuation of assets
- Property acquired after separation
- Debts incurred in reckless manner or bad faith
- Matrimonial home issues
- Treatment on breakdown of marriage
- Possessory rights
- Setting aside conveyance or encumbrance lacking consent
- Determining ownership
- Spousal support
- Economic effects of relationship
- Promoting economic self-sufficiency
- Interim, temporary and final orders
- Domestic contracts
- Types of domestic contracts
- Requirements and enforcement
- Impact on property division
- Setting aside or varying
- And much more.
Table of contents
IV. Property Claims on Breakdown of Relationship
V. Matrimonial Home
VI. Spousal Support
VII. Domestic Contracts under Provincial Legislation
Ontario Family Law Practice, 2023 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2)Release date: October 18, 2022$275.00
Ontario Family Law Practice, 2023 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2) – Student EditionRelease date: October 18, 2022$120.00
New!Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Public Health (2023 Reissue) / Public Inquiries (2023 Reissue) / Public International Law (2023 Reissue)New!Release date: March 16, 2023$330.00