Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Environment (2018 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $320 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
Climate change. Environmental toxins. Ozone depletion. Mass extinctions and species at risk. The growing recognition of the fragility of the world's ecosystems and the growing emphasis placed on sustainable development and responsible resource management have placed the environment at the forefront of Canada's social, political and, inevitably, legal agenda. The reach of environmental laws can now extend into everyday commercial transactions, corporate takeovers, real estate development, and criminal prosecution – virtually every area of legal practice.
Newly revised and thoroughly updated, the Halsbury's Environment (2018 Reissue) title provides a clear and straightforward understanding of the maze of laws, regulations and legal issues that frame the subject area of environmental law.
Topics covered include:
- The Constitutional Framework
- Nature of powers in specific areas
- Legislative and proprietary jurisdiction
- Co-operative federalism
- Prerogative powers
- Charter issues
- Municipal powers for environmental regulation
- Environmental Protection and Regulation
- Federal and provincial regulatory schemes
- Regulation of water and air
- Ozone depletion, acid rain, urban smog and climate change
- Waste management and minimization
- Pesticides and toxic and hazardous substances
- Wildlife and resource conservation
- Enforcement of environmental laws
- Environmental Assessments
- General regulatory schemes
- Environmental impact assessment
- Procedures and approvals
- Reviews of environmental assessment
- International Environmental Issues
- Interaction between international and domestic law
- Treaty obligations
- Multilateral and regional treaties
- Canada-U.S. treaties
- Civil Liability Issues
- Public and private nuisance claims
- Onus of proof and standards of liability
- Negligence, trespass and public trust
- Remedies and defences
Table of contents
II. International Environmental Protection
III. Regulation of the Environment in Canada
IV. Civil Liability for Environmental Damage