Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Employment (2019 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $320 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
The uncertain economics of our times and growing complexity of the employment relationship place a particular premium on a general knowledge of employment law for most Canadian lawyers. Whether the issue is reasonable grounds for dismissal, confidentiality requirements, workplace harassment or the entitlement to bereavement leave, few areas of practice are unconnected to some aspect of employment law.
Halsbury's Employment (2019 Reissue) provides that necessary understanding, knowledgeably covering topics such as:
Employment standards and other protective legislation
- Wages, working conditions, absences, remuneration
- Exclusions and variances
Human rights legislation
- Prohibited grounds of discrimination
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Statutory defences to discrimination
- Enforcement procedures and judicial review
- Remedies for unlawful discrimination
Making the contract of employment
- Varying contractual terms
- Statutory and common law requirements
- Collateral contracts and defective contracts
- Frustration of the employment contract
Statutory obligations of the employer
- Employment Insurance Act, Canada Pension Plan, Income Tax Act and Immigration Act requirements
- Apprenticeship and trade qualification legislation
- Pre-employment investigations of the employee
- Legislation governing employment agencies
- Misleading statements
Obligations and duties of the employee
- Common law duties and statutory obligations
- Trade secrets and confidential information
- Fiduciary duties
Termination of the employment relationship
- By contract, consent, retirement
- Constructive and wrongful dismissal
- Dismissal for cause
- Common law remedies
Table of contents
II. Charter, Human Rights, Pay Equity and Right to Privacy
III. Defining the Employment Relationship
IV. The Contract of Employment
V. Obligations and Duties of the Employer
VI. Obligations and Duties of the Employee
VII. Termination of the Employment Relationship
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Discrimination and Human Rights (2018 Reissue)Release date: March 06, 2018$320.00
Employment Law in Canada, 4th EditionRelease date: January 01, 2005$1,810.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Civil Procedure (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: July 30, 2021$320.00