General Principles of Canadian Insurance Law, 3rd Edition, Student Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Click here for the professional edition of General Principles of Canadian Insurance Law, 3rd Edition.
Whether you are preparing and arguing insurance cases in court, assessing the enforceability of an insurance contract, or advising clients about their insurance contracts – General Principles of Canadian Insurance Law, 3rd Edition provides the straightforward analysis and valuable insight you need to be at your most effective. This comprehensive publication focuses exclusively on Canadian insurance law general principles, and is now fully updated to take into account the latest developments in case law and insurance regulation.
Features and Benefits
- Contains straightforward, easy-to-understand text – explains the principles applicable to the interpretation and enforcement of insurance contracts
- Provides a comprehensive overview of insurance contract law – detailing the fundamental principles as set out by the common law and by common statutory provisions
- Offers critical analysis and explanations of key concepts, legislation and cases
- Outlines the nature of insurance contracts and the sources of insurance law regulation in Canada
- Features an in-depth discussion of key legal concepts governing the formation of the insurance contract, the insurance policy, claims on the policy and the rights of third parties
- Includes a glossary of insurance law terms – providing a quick and easy reference to salient insurance law terms and definitions used by the courts
Answers the Most-Asked Questions
General Principles of Canadian Insurance Law, 3rd Edition addresses some of the most common and troublesome issues in insurance law, including:
- What principles of interpretation govern insurance contracts and how are these principles applied?
- What are the good faith obligations of the parties to an insurance contract?
- What are the primary disclosure obligations of the parties to an insurance contract?
- How do the doctrines of relief from forfeiture, waiver and estoppel impact insurance contracts?
- How are fundamental common law principles affected by insurance legislation?
What's New in this Edition
- Provides coverage of new insurance law regulations in Alberta, Ontario and British Columbia
- Covers the latest insurance case law
- An updated glossary featuring new definitions
Who Should Read This Book
- Insurance lawyers – providing an excellent reference and research resource on insurance law contracts
- In-house counsel – a guide for any company dealing with insurance contracts of any kind on a regular bases (banks, insurance companies, etc.)
- Insurance law students – as an introduction to and explanation of important insurance law concepts
- Insurance adjusters and claims examiners – as a guideline for the insurance law principles they follow in their daily practice
- Law libraries – providing an excellent legal research resource for insurance law
Student Edition: Softcover
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Foundation of Insurance Law
Chapter 2: Formation of an Insurance Contract
Chapter 3: The Insurance Policy
Chapter 4: Claims on the Policy
Chapter 5: Third Party Rights and Obligations
Chapter 6: Glossary
General Principles of Canadian Insurance Law, 3rd EditionRelease date: June 30, 2020$320.00
New!PreorderImpaired Driving in Canada, 6th EditionNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$140.00
New!PreorderCanadian Tort Law – Cases, Notes & Materials, 16th EditionNew!Release date: January 31, 2022$175.00