Equator Principles and Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
As explained in the preface to this new publication, “lending and investment activities influence the environmental, social and governance impacts of global business far greater than the operational footprint of financial institutions themselves.” As a result, a growing number of organizations in the financial services, natural resources, infrastructure and other industries are managing environmental and social risks by leveraging sophisticated and innovative processes and frameworks explored in this book.
Up-to-date, practical direction
Sustainability is a key driver of business strategy and risk management. Organizations may face significant challenges in a broad range of areas, including indigenous consultation, climate change and human rights. The Equator Principles and IFC Performance Standards are viewed by the financial sector as the leading global frameworks for the proper management of sustainability risks in project development around the world. This new edition of Equator Principles and Performance Standards on Environmental & Social Sustainability: A Guidebook offers detailed direction for legal practitioners and advisors on the application of the relevant standards, including the Equator Principles that were updated in 2020.
This second edition features:
- An in-depth discussion of the Equator Principles – the framework applied by 108 global banks for evaluating project-related financings and used as a best practice guide for environmental and social risk management. This analysis reflects revisions made in the EP4 framework that took effect in October 2020
- Up-to-date guidance on the IFC Standards, taking into account developments that have occurred since the publication of the first edition of this text
- Enhanced discussions on climate change and human rights
- The addition of a glossary to help readers better understand key terms and their meaning
This new publication will be particularly useful for:
- Lawyers helping their clients integrate best practices on environmental and social risk management and meet regulatory expectations
- In-house counsel who can assist their companies develop and implement sustainability strategies and manage environmental and social risk
- Investors/risk management practitioners integrating sustainability and ESG considerations or focusing on the mining, oil and gas, infrastructure, financial and banking services sectros
- Financial institutions adopting environmental and social risk frameworks
- Consultants advising their clients on environmental and social risk and sustainability performance
Note: All views of the authors of this book are their own and do not represent the views of BMO Financial Group or its affiliates.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Equator Principles
Chapter 2: Performance Standard One: Assessment and management of environmental and social risks and impacts
Chapter 3: Performance Standard Two: Labour and working conditions
Chapter 4: Performance Standard Three: Resource efficiency and pollution prevention
Chapter 5: Performance Standard Four: Community health, safety and security
Chapter 6: Performance Standard Five: Land acquisition and involuntary resettlement
Chapter 7: Performance Standard Six: Biodiversity conversation and sustainable management of natural living resources
Chapter 8: Performance Standard Seven: Indigenous peoples
Chapter 9: Performance Standard Eight: Cultural heritage
New!PreorderOntario Energy Law: Electricity, 2nd EditionNew!Release date: October 31, 2022$280.00
New!PreorderThe Law of Libel in Canada, 5th EditionNew!Release date: September 30, 2022$210.00
New!PreorderE-Discovery and Information Governance in Canada, 4th EditionNew!Release date: September 30, 2022$130.00