CPP Disability Pension Guide: CPP Benefits, Practice and Procedures, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
CPP Disability Pension Guide, 2nd Edition is a practical resource that provides guidance on the benefits available through the Canada Pension Plan, and the adjudicative process which governs CPP disputes.
The CPP adjudicative process is increasingly complex with new and daunting regulations and standards of review. The issues being argued before each stage of the system have changed, and the decisions resolving these issues have become more probative and lengthy in response making precedent cases matter more than ever. Find ready answers to cut your preparation time with practical, solution-oriented features and expert commentary in this handy guide.
What's new in this edition?
- Up-to-date commentary on all CPP benefits
- Discussion and commentary on the Social Security Tribunal, its creation, powers, and standard of review
- Expert analysis of relevant case law and legislation
- Case summary charts of the most common and pressing topics addressed by the Social Security Tribunal
- Guidance on how to navigate the adjudicative process
Tables, Policies and Procedures for easy reference
The Appendices are full of essential practice information, including:
- Disability tables for specific alleged disabilities and an introduction as to how such allegations are received and dealt with in the CPP adjudicative process
- A series of summary encapsulations of frequently-encountered issues in CPP litigation
- CPP Adjudication Framework, a composite policy document that guides the Minister in approving or denying CPP-DD applications at the Ministerial level
- Part V of the Department of Employment and Social Development Act (DESDA), an Act that impacts the Tribunal's procedural determination of a CPP application at the Tribunal adjudicative level
- SST Regulations, which, in addition to the DESDA, provides a procedural framework for the Tribunal level's determination of a CPP application
- SST Policies, guidelines which, helps the SST in its adjudicative function as well as the SST's Practice Directive. The policies deal with incomplete appeals and also with how to select a mode of hearing
- Sample documents to assist CPP practitioners and adjudicators in preparing for a CPP-D hearing
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: CPP-D- Defining Disability
Chapter 3: CPP-D- Proving Disability
Chapter 4: CPP Special Situations
Chapter 5: Disabled Contributor's Child's Benefit (DCCB)
Chapter 6: Retirement and Death Benefits: CPP-R, PRB, CPP-S, OB and DB
Chapter 7: The CPP Adjudicative Process
Chapter 8: Tactical Advice
Appendix 1: Case Law Tables by Disability
Appendix 2: Tell Me What I Need to Know
Appendix 3: At the Ministerial Level: the CPP Adjudication Framework
Appendix 4: At the SST Level: Part V of the Department of Employment and Social Development Act (DESDA)
Appendix 5: At the SST Level: the SST Regulations
Appendix 6: At the SST Level: the SST Policies and Practice Directives
Appendix 7: Contingency Fee Agreement
Appendix 8: CPP-D Case Organizational Sheet: SST GD Stage
Appendix 9: CPP-D Sample Medical Report Request Letter
New!PreorderCybersecurity in Canada: A Guide to Best Practices, Planning, and Management, 2nd EditionNew!Release date: March 31, 2021$135.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Athletics (2021 Reissue) / Aviation and Space (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 30, 2021$320.00
New!PreorderAnnotated Firearms Act & Related Legislation, 5th EditionNew!Release date: April 30, 2021$160.00