Construction Law in Canada
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Construction Projects from A to Z
Construction projects are complex by nature and demand input from a range of professionals.
Construction Law in Canada is the first Canadian resource to address all relevant issues in a single, convenient volume. With this construction and labour law book on your desk, you'll be able to advise your clients knowledgeably, efficiently, and confidently.
If you're a lawyer, you'll benefit by:
- Learning construction law fundamentals
- Reducing the need to consult specialized lawyers - thus saving your clients time and money
- Increasing your ability to provide a wider range of services to your clients
If you're a construction professional, you'll benefit by:
- Understanding the legal issues essential to completing a project
- Knowing when to seek focused legal advice
- Conversing comfortably with your own lawyer
Coverage includes all aspects of construction, from property acquisition through financing and building:
- Legal framework for due diligence
- New rules for official plans, zoning by-laws, and plans of subdivision
- Legal liability attached to environmental investigations
- Key elements of the tender process
- Financing issues in public-private partnerships
- Overview of each type of delivery method
- Regulatory scheme under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Dispute resolution processes, including ADR
- Holdbacks, priorities, and trusts related to construction liens
- Owners' safeguards against construction hypothecs
- Tips for construction management organization, including types of project documents you must keep, how to store them, and why they are important
- Guidance for home builders and purchasers on obligations when the Agreement of Purchase and Sale has been signed by parties who want out of the "deal"
A Broad-Ranging Resource For:
- Construction and real estate lawyers who need a one-stop resource on construction projects from start to finish
- Lawyers who practise in areas that overlap construction and real estate law
- Construction firms, architects, consultants, and construction project managers who need to understand the legal perspective at each stage of a construction project to ward off costly errors
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Acquiring the Property
Chapter 2: Amendments to the Ontario Planning Act as it Affects Construction Projects
Chapter 3: Construction Law and Environmental Issues
Chapter 4: Procurement and Tendering Process
Chapter 5: The Construction Loan: Financing Major Construction Projects
Chapter 6: Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Construction Projects
Chapter 7: Construction Law: Insurance and Surety Bonds
Chapter 8: Construction Projects and Management
Chapter 9: Construction Delivery Methods
Chapter 10: Occupational Health and Safety in Construction Law
Chapter 11: Construction Disputes
Chapter 12: The Construction Lien Act
Chapter 13: Construction Hypothecs Under Quebec Law
Public-Private Partnerships in Canada: Law, Policy and Value for MoneyRelease date: May 07, 2019$230.00
New!Sopinka, Lederman & Bryant – The Law of Evidence, 6th EditionNew!Release date: July 27, 2022$445.00
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Securities (2022 Reissue)New!Release date: September 30, 2022$325.00