Canadian Master Payroll Guide, 5th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Canadian Master Payroll Guide, 5th Edition is an essential resource for day-to-day payroll functions. This guide puts all the critical information you need to solve day-to-day payroll issues at your fingertips. This essential resource is the only guide on the market to include convenient charts and formulas. Plus, its comprehensive information is packaged in a portable format that's up-to-date and easy to understand.
It also includes background and commentaries that provide helpful guidance on how to apply the information in each section. It is organized in an intuitive way that mirrors the payroll workflow and covers standard payroll situations.
This book helps you ensure that:
- Payroll transactions are accurately reported and recorded
- Your organization meets all governing legislation and regulations
- Monies withheld from employees' pay are held in trust and remitted on the appropriate due dates
- Your organization is protected against payroll-related fraud
- Your organization maintains the confidentiality of the information flowing through the payroll department
Big changes for 2014:
- No More SIN Cards: What's the Impact?
- EI premium freeze for the next 3 years. What's coming next?
- New leaves of absence in six Canadian jurisdictions and several minimum wage changes - are you impacted
- Reduction in frequency of CRA remittances, what are the specifics?
- Significant 2014 budgetary changes in Ontario, BC, and Quebec. How do these affect you?
These 2014 figures were added throughout:
- Provincial tax rates
- CPP/QPP annual maximums and contribution rates
- EI premiums and premium reduction
- Workers' compensation maximum insurance earnings
- Employer taxes and levies and
- Employer pension plan contribution limits
Table of contents
How to Use This Book
Highlights of Pending Legislation and Administrative and Budget Changes
Chapter 1: Payroll Overview
Chapter 2: Employment Standards
Chapter 3: Earnings, Allowances, and Expense Reimbursement
Chapter 4: Employee Benefits
Chapter 5: Statutory Deductions and Remittances
Chapter 6: Record of Employment
Chapter 7: Employer Taxes and Levies
Chapter 8: Employer Pension Plans
Chapter 9: Year-End Reporting
Chapter 10: Worker's Compensation
Chapter 11: Payroll Records: Documentation and Retention
New!PreorderSopinka, Lederman & Bryant – The Law of Evidence, 6th EditionNew!Release date: June 30, 2022$445.00
New!PreorderIntroduction to Contracts, 5th EditionNew!Release date: July 29, 2022$120.00
New!PreorderCriminal Procedure in Canada, 3rd EditionNew!Release date: July 29, 2022$245.00