Canadian Immigration & Refugee Law Practice, 2023 Edition + E-Book
This annual volume provides an overview of recent changes to Canadian immigration and refugee law along with case digests of recent key decisions.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The "Go-To" Guide for the Ever-Changing World of Immigration and Refugee Law Practice
It is definitely not an understatement that immigration and refugee law changes have continued to take the centre stage of legislative activities in Canada. Immigration and refugee law practitioners and consultants must be aware of all these recent changes and their implications on their practice.
Canadian Immigration & Refugee Law Practice, 2023 Edition provides you with an overview of the new legislative framework of Canadian immigration and refugee law along with guiding principles for the exercise of discretion by the Immigration and Refugee Board. The book captures the latest legislative updates and case law, with extensive commentary on the implications of both the recent and pending changes.
This invaluable reference for immigration law practitioners and consultants also provides close to 2000 thematically organized case digests from the IRPA and the Citizenship Act, and key sections of the regulations, rules, and related legislation. Plus, the book also includes an unannotated version of the Act in double-column English and French, making it easy to locate a section of legislation when representing a case.
- An overview of the legislative framework and general guiding principles of administrative law in the practice of immigration and refugee law
- In-depth analysis of each Division and Part of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Thematically organized case summaries
- Full text of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Citizenship Act, regulations and rules, related legislation and international trade agreements
- Unannotated English-French version of the Act
Highlights of the 2023 Edition
- Discussion of key recent developments:
- The Federal Court of Appeal rendered a decision on the interpretation of cessation by reavailment in Galindo Camayo
- The Court of Appeal clarified the test to be applied in vacation proceedings in Canada (Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness) v. Ahmed
- The Supreme Court granted leave to appeal in Mason which deals with the interpretation of section 34 (2) (e) of IRPA
- The Chairperson of the Immigration and Refugee Board recently introducted a jurisprudential guide related to the interpretation of generalized risk as it applies to section 97 of IRPA
- Over 100 new case digests
Table of contents
Table of Cases
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Annotated)
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (Annotated)
Federal Courts Immigration and Refugee Protection Rules (With Case Digests)
Refugee Protection Division Rules (With Case Digests)
Refugee Appeal Division Rules
Immigration Division Rules (With Case Digests)
Immigration Appeal Division Rules (With Case Digests)
Citizenship Act (With Case Digests)
Citizenship Regulations (With Case Digests)
Federal Courts Act (Excerpts With Case Digests)
Federal Courts Rules (Excerpts with case digests)
Canada Evidence Act (Excerpts)
UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, Articles 1E and 1F
North American Free Trade Agreement – Chapter 16
Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement – Chapter K
An Act Respecting Immigration to Québec
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms (Excerpts With Case Digests)
Full text of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act in English and French (Unannotated)
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Immigration and Citizenship (2019 Reissue)Release date: October 28, 2019$330.00
Immigration Law and Practice, 2nd EditionRelease date: January 01, 2005$2,100.00
Canada's Refugee Determination Procedure: A Guide for the Post Bill C-31 EraRelease date: September 30, 2013$160.00