Canadian Environmental Protection Act & Commentary, 2008 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
A Guide to CEPA and Your Business
CEPA's focus on the classification, identification and regulation of thousands of substances in use in Canada makes it one of the most relevant legislation to virtually all Canadian industries. With Canada's recent obligations under the Kyoto Protocol to reduce emissions, the interest in CEPA has risen significantly.
Fully updated, this concise guide to the CEPA is designed for environmental law practitioners and organizations, and industries and corporations in Canada. The book provides an overview of the Act and its relevance to a range of stakeholders, its role in implementing Canadian obligations under the Kyoto Protocol, and its regulation of toxic substances and specific industries, plus an overview of enforcement mechanisms under the Act. Other features include the full text of the Act, more than 40 selected regulations and pertinent substances lists.
Features and Benefits
- Updates on latest government initiatives and developments - keep abreast of recent and forthcoming changes that may affect the compliance mechanisms of your clients' corporations
- Multiple industry perspectives - identify regulations that apply to your own or your clients' industries
- Primer on CEPA - get an overview of the Act and its regulations
- International scope of CEPA - understand CEPA in the context of international law
- Substances and NPRI Lists - pertinent data at your fingertips
- Detailed table of contents - find information quickly
New in This Edition
- Discussion of the role of the CEPA in implementing Canada's Kyoto commitments and obligations
- Full text of the Kyoto Protocol Implementation Act
- Update on Bill C-33 with respect to provision for the regulation on fuels
- Up-to-date List of Proposed Regulations
- Up-to-date Toxic Substances List
- Up-to date Priority Substances List
- Up-to-date NPRI List
Canadian Environmental Protection Act & Commentary, 2008 Edition gives you up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of CEPA and related legislation, including:
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
- Regulations, over 40 passed to date
An Essential Guide For
- Federal Government advisors in all departments who need to understand links between CEPA and its regulations, and other Acts that protect the environment and promote sustainable development
- Provincial Government advisors who need to be aware of opportunities to cooperate with the federal government to achieve CEPA' objectives
- Municipal Government officials who must understand the provincial role in order to identify opportunities to influence the implementation of CEPA
- Environmental law practitioners who must stay on top of the latest developments
- Corporate lawyers and in-house counsel who advise clients involved in industries that use regulated and/or toxic substances on compliance with CEPA
- Public interest lawyers who advise NGOs and members of the public on how to participate in implementing CEPA
- Environmental law organizations who need a good understanding of CEPA in advocating their interests
Billing Method: Annual Publication - Standing Order Terms Apply
Click here to read a review of this title
Table of contents
About the Author
Preface and Acknowledgements
Detailed Table of Contents
Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999
Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999 Regulations
List of Proposed Regulations
Kyoto Protocol Implementation Act
AppendicesToxic Substances List
Priority Substances List
National Pollutant Release Inventory List
The Federal Environmental Assessment Process - A Guide and CritiqueRelease date: May 30, 2008$215.00
New!PreorderOntario Energy Law: Electricity, 2nd EditionNew!Release date: October 31, 2022$280.00
New!PreorderEducation Statutes and Regulations of Ontario, 2023 EditionNew!Release date: August 31, 2022$83.00