Canadian Corporate Law: Cases, Notes & Materials, 5th Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Canadian Corporate Law: Cases, Notes & Materials, 5th Edition provides a comprehensive, contextual analysis of the essential components of partnerships and corporations law to build a functional, working knowledge of the law pertaining to these business forms.
An accessible and authoritative casebook for the teaching of corporate law in all jurisdictions in Canada, this edition has been updated and reorganized by situating the fundamental elements of partnership and corporate law within the larger, paradigmatical debates over the legal roles and responsibilities of business in contemporary society.
Canadian Corporate Law: Cases, Notes & Materials, 5th Edition provides comprehensive treatment of foundational concepts that are critical to the operation of contemporary business organizations. These include extensive discussion of all forms of partnerships, agency principles, corporate criminal responsibility, corporate personality, managerial duties, and fiduciary duties applicable to general and limited partnerships and to corporate directors, officers, managers, and key employees.
This new edition includes more original commentary, enhanced discussion of partnerships and partnership fiduciary duties, corporate agency issues, and entirely new chapters providing for broader and more extensive coverage of corporate management’s duties, including the origins and contemporary implications of the business judgment rule, the corporate opportunity doctrine, and corporate management’s fiduciary duties.
What’s New In This Edition
- Brand new chapter on Managers’ Fiduciary Obligations – dedicated to providing a comprehensive discussion and analysis of one of the most important and simultaneously difficult aspects of corporate law
- Discussion of a number of aspects of Quebec civil law – particularly where it helps to elucidate Supreme Court of Canada jurisprudence on corporate law
- New introductory overview of sole proprietorships and partnerships relating to business association and their use – including a discussion on some of the distinctions between individuals’ legal and personal interests in operating a business
- New cases relating to the Corporation as a Legal Person – tying together the conceptual idea of the corporation being a legal person in law and the real-world implications of that characterization
- New cases relating to the authority of corporate agents – providing a greater reflection of the context and complexity that accompanies questions of when the actions of agents will bind the corporation, particularly when the agents do not possess the actual authority to engage in the actions under scrutiny
Who Should Read This Book
- Law students seeking an explanation of the latest Canadian laws related to business
- Law professors to help assist in teaching Canadian corporate law courses
- Practitioners who need a Canadian-focused account of corporate law that covers recent changes in the field
- Law libraries looking to expand their legal collection
Table of contents
TABLE OF CASES
CHAPTER 1: SOLE PROPRIETORSHIPS AND PARTNERSHIPS
CHAPTER 2: THE CANADIAN CONSTITUTION
CHAPTER 3: THE CORPORATE CONSTITUTION
CHAPTER 4: THE CORPORATION AS A LEGAL PERSON
CHAPTER 5: CORPORATE OBLIGATIONS
CHAPTER 6: INCORPORATION AND PRE-INCORPORATION TRANSACTIONS
CHAPTER 7: CORPORATE MANAGEMENT
CHAPTER 8: MANAGERS’ FIDUCIARY OBLIGATIONS
CHAPTER 9: MAJORITY RULE
CHAPTER 10: MINORITY PROTECTION
CHAPTER 11: THE CORPORATE CAPITAL STRUCTURE
Canadian Business Corporations Law, 4th Edition – Volume 1 (General Principles)$295.00
Canadian Business Corporations Law, 4th Edition – Volume 2 (Corporate Governance)$340.00
New!PreorderCanadian Business Corporations Law, 4th Edition – Volume 3 (Shareholders, Stakeholders and their Rights and Remedies)New!$325.00