Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Canadian Civil Procedure Law, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The rules of civil procedure govern every stage of the litigation process, so judges, lawyers and law students often need a quick and convenient means of researching them. Canadian Civil Procedure Law, 2nd Edition is precisely that sort of research tool. Written by a Master of the Superior Court of Justice and a well-known legal authority and practitioner, this book provides a comprehensive review of the practice area.
Only Canadian Civil Procedure Law, 2nd Edition provides an authoritative, affordable and portable source of expert analysis in textbook form.
New in This Edition
- The first major treatise to substantively discuss all significant changes to the Ontario Rules of Court which came into force on January 1, 2010
- Brand new chapters on such key aspects of civil procedure as statutes of limitation, proceedings against the Crown, and class proceedings
- All other chapters have been thoroughly revised to include the latest leading case law
- Clear, simple language - written so that a law student or novice practitioner can follow
- Comprehensive approach - 19 detailed chapters addressing every aspect of the civil procedure field, from initiating the proceeding by way of action or application to seeking costs on an appeal
- Broad scope - drawing on relevant case law from across Canada as well as leading British, Australian and American cases
- Detailed analysis - the authors point out inconsistencies in the case law and identify the preferred approach
- Up-to-date references - incorporating recent legislation and case law, including Supreme Court of Canada decisions of importance
Answering the Key Questions
Throughout Canadian Civil Procedure Law, 2nd Edition you'll find specific commentary on the issues that often arise in practice, such as:
- What are the requirements for standing in a civil proceeding?
- What types of questions are not permitted on discovery?
- When is a stay available pending appeal?
- What are the various remedies for the enforcement of a court order?
Click here to read a review of this title
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Civil Courts
Chapter 3: Foundation Principles and Concepts
Chapter 4: Commencement of a Civil Proceeding
Chapter 5: Statutes of Limitation
Chapter 6: Proceedings Against the Crown
Chapter 7: Class Proceedings
Chapter 8: Disposition of a Civil Claim Without Trial
Chapter 9: The Assumption of Jurisdiction
Chapter 10: Pleading of Claims and Defences
Chapter 11: Motions Within a Proceeding
Chapter 12: Interim Preservation of Rights
Chapter 13: The Discovery Process
Chapter 14: Moving Towards Trial
Chapter 15: Small Claims, Simplified Procedure and the Case Management Process
Chapter 16: Trials
Chapter 17: Costs
Chapter 18: Appeals
Chapter 19: Enforcement of Judgments and Orders
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Civil Procedure (2021 Reissue)Release date: July 30, 2021$330.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Inquests, Coroners and Medical Examiners (2021 Reissue) / Interim Preservation of Property Rights (2021 Reissue)Release date: August 24, 2021$330.00
The Practitioner's Evidence Law SourcebookRelease date: December 31, 2011$310.00