Canadian Business Corporations Law, 3rd Edition – Volume 2
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The third edition of Kevin McGuinness's widely cited treatise on corporate law has been fully updated to take into account the significant degree of legislative development and the enormous expansion of the volume of case law which has occurred since the previous edition was published in 2007. This increase in content has required the text to increase from one volume to three.
Provides comprehensive analysis, clarity and coverage on the gamut of Canadian corporate law topics. The author has introduced new subjects, reorganized chapters, and explored existing topics in greater detail. The full three-volume text has been reworked along more thematic lines:
- Volume 1: General Principles
- Volume 2: Corporate Governance
- Volume 3: Shareholders, Stakeholders and their Rights and Remedies
For comparative purposes, a cross section of the most significant new case law from other important common law jurisdictions – particularly the United States, United Kingdom and Australia – is included in those areas where Canadian law most closely resembles that of the jurisdiction concerned.
New In This Edition
- Expanded to 3 volumes.The subjects covered in Volume 3 focus more on the analysis and discussion of shareholders, stakeholders and their rights and remedies; the first volume is foundational in nature, covering such topics as incorporation, corporate personality and taxation and the second volume focuses more on corporate governance issues as well as the law governing the financing of corporation operations (including the process of financial control)
- The new edition covers the significant degree of legislative development in the last ten years, particularly the shift towards a more national and co-ordinated approach towards securities legislation as well as the steady spread of the Canadian Business Corporations Act approach to incorporation across Canada
- Specifically for Volume 2:
- New chapter on the Securities Regulation and Insider Trading, and its growing importance and impact on corporations in Canada
- New chapter on Record Keeping, Auditing and Disclosure including such topics as Director Disclosure, the Audit Process and Standards, and Director and Auditor liability. Greatly expanded coverage of Corporate Governance issues, including a new chapter on the key aspects of Corporate Governance, as well as a new chapter dedicated to discussing the role of Directors in an Integrated Governance Process and a new chapter dedicated to the Day to Day Operation of the Corporation
- Updated and expanded chapters on such topics as Director and Officer Duties, Director and Officer Liabilities, Debt Financing and Equity Financing, to take into account the significant volume of case law and legislative developments which has occurred in the publication of the 2nd Edition in 2007
A Must-Have Resource
- Corporate Commercial Lawyers who need an in-depth understanding of all aspects of corporate law, particularly dispute resolution, corporate compliance, mergers, and remedies of shareholders, directors, and officers
- In-house Counsel who must comply with all relevant legislation, including filings, forms, amalgamation and merger processes, and board meeting conduct
- Solicitors who need to know how to draft a corporate charter with articles, by-laws, and unanimous shareholder agreements when setting up corporations
- Accountants who need to understand the rules of corporate law and how to avoid liability when setting up corporations
- Judges who are ruling on cases dealing with business corporations in Canada
Table of contents
Chapter 10: Introduction to Volume 2
Chapter 11: The Board of Directors of a Corporation
Chapter 12: The Role of Directors in an Integrated Governance Process
Chapter 13: Day to Day Operation of the Corporation
Chapter 14: Director and Officer Duties
Chapter 15: Director and Officer Liabilities
Chapter 16: Securities Regulation and Insider Trading
Chapter 17: Record Keeping, Auditing and Disclosure
Chapter 18: Equity Financing
Chapter 19: Debt Financing
New!PreorderHalsbury's Laws of Canada – Receivers and Other Court Officers (2021 Reissue) / Restitution (2021 Reissue)New!Release date: April 30, 2021$320.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Guarantee and Indemnity (2018 Reissue)Release date: October 25, 2018$320.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Business Corporations (2018 Reissue)Release date: May 29, 2018$320.00