Canadian Administrative Law, 3rd Edition – Student Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Your complete compendium of administrative law resources
Since the second edition of this book was published in 2008, administrative law in Canada has evolved considerably, due in part to a number of recent Supreme Court of Canada decisions. This third edition of Canadian Administrative Law provides an updated look at this important area of law, taking the new case law into account while still providing readers with a comprehensive guide to the subject. In particular, this volume offers an explanation of: the theoretical foundations of judicial review and how they are supported by the constitution; the powers of administrative decision-makers; why and under what circumstances decision-makers determine both constitutional and jurisdictional issues; the standard of review; fairness; bias; and procedural issues.
Highlights of This Essential Resource
Canadian Administrative Law, 3rd Edition is a valuable reference for anyone involved in the practice or study of administrative law – from lawyers in private practice, government lawyers and academics, to judges and adjudicators, to paralegals and law students. This treatise features:
- Expert analysis, including comprehensive coverage of the key aspects of administrative law, such as procedural fairness, bias, impartiality, jurisdiction, discretion and the standards of review
- Invaluable practical tips, including an in-depth discussion of the relationship between constitutional and administrative law in Canada
- Relevant case law, fully updated
- Research tools, including a table of cases and topical index which greatly reduce the work necessary when researching specific cases
New In This Edition
This third edition of Canadian Administrative Law has been fully updated to reflect changes in the case law since the book's original publication and examines:
- New developments in the standard of review for judicial reviews and appeals in the wake of the seminal Vavilov decision
- Changes to the approach to “jurisdictional questions”
- Supreme Court of Canada decisions applying Charter rights to administrative decisions (Law Society of British Columbia v. Trinity Western University, Loyola High School v. Quebec (Attorney General))
- Consultation and accommodation in Aboriginal and constitutional law
- Developments on the judicial review of discretionary decisions
Student Edition: Softcover
Table of contents
Chapter I: Introduction
Chapter II: Relationship Between Constitutional Law and Administrative Law
Chapter III: Delegation and Regulation-Making
Chapter IV: Jurisdiction
Chapter V: Discretion
Chapter VI: Procedural Fairness / Audi Alteram Partem
Chapter VII: Impartiality, Bias and Independence / Nemo Judex in Causa Sua
Chapter VIII: Standards of Review
Chapter IX: Remedies
Chapter X: Statutory Framework
Canadian Administrative Law, 3rd EditionRelease date: May 25, 2021$310.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Constitutional Law – Charter of Rights (2019 Reissue) / Constitutional Law – Division of Powers (2019 Reissue)Release date: July 23, 2019$320.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Administrative Law (2018 Reissue) / Agriculture (2018 Reissue) / Alternative Dispute Resolution (2018 Reissue)Release date: April 18, 2018$320.00