Bennett on Bankruptcy, 26th Edition, 2024 (Volume 1) + Companion Volume (Volume 2) + E-Book PDF
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
This New Edition is In Time for Busy Bankruptcy and Insolvency Practice – Get Help from Our Legal Expert.
For more than 30 years, Bennett on Bankruptcy has been frequently cited across Canada in Superior Courts, Courts of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. Bennett on Bankruptcy has been a reliable and practical annual guide, providing authoritative reference to the substantive law and procedure under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Frank Bennett provides you with detailed explanatory notes to point out many of the leading cases on a particular section or rule. The case references are helpful as they give you background in the particular area and the legal principles involved. In addition, he includes numerous notices to trustees from the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy regarding their practice and the administration of estates.
What's New In This Edition
- Discussion of over 100 new reported cases under the BIA and CCAA
- Updated commentary and discussion of issues of recent concern, including:
- Broad coverage of a creditor’s remedy under section 38
- Continued development on reverse vesting orders
- The multi roles of a licensed insolvency trustee and possible conflicts
- More case law on determining whether leave of the court is required on appeals
- Discussion of the ”single proceeding model” in bankruptcy and commercial list cases
- Discussion of procedural and substantive consolidation
- Recently issued Notices to Trustees, including:
- Notice – OSB Business Plan 2023-2024
- Notice – Position paper – Effect of the Annulment of a Notice of Intention
- Notice – Ontario Residence Exemption
- Notice – Debt Advisory Marketplace/Consumer Awareness
- Revised Directive, including:
- Directive No. 11R2-2023R Surplus Income
Who Should Buy This Book?
The book explains leading cases from a practitioner's point of view and is perfect for:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Lawyers
- Corporate and Commercial Lawyers
- Lenders including banks, trust companies, syndicated lending associations
- Trustees, Receivers, Monitors, Accountants, Debtors, Directors and Officers
- Credit Counsellors
- Corporate Secretaries, and In-House Corporate Counsel
- Government agencies
Table of contents
–Table of Cases
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Rules
Template Receivership Orders (Ontario)
Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
Template Receivership and CCAA Orders – Ontario
Appendix – Corporate Restructuring: Choice of Remedy
Wage Earner Protection Program Act