Bennett on Bankruptcy, 23rd Edition, 2021 + E-Book PDF
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
New Edition In Time for Busy Bankruptcy Practice – Get Help from Legal Expert
For more than 30 years, Bennett on Bankruptcy has been a reliable and practical annual guide, providing authoritative reference to the substantive law under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Frank Bennett provides you with detailed explanatory notes to point out many of the leading cases on a particular section or rule. The case references are helpful as they give you background in the particular area and the legal principles involved.
New in This Edition
- Discussion of over 100 new reported cases under the BIA and CCAA
- Update on recent changes to OSB practices and operations to cope with surges in personal and business bankruptcies
- Updated commentary and discussion of issues of recent concern such as:
- The factors that the court considers in the appointment of a receiver under section 243;
- Appeals from orders made in receiverships;
- Competing applications for an order appointing a receiver and an order under the CCA
- Recently issued Notices to Trustees, including:
- Notice - Omnibus Application Guidance - May 6, 2020
- Notice - to LITs Regarding Directive No. 13R7, Trustee Licensing - June 23, 2020
- Notice - Updated CRA Collection Activities (COVID-19) issued June 11, 2020
- Notice to Licensed Insolvency Trustees from the Canada Revenue Agency : Collection activities (COVID-19) – July 6, 2020
- Notice to Licensed Insolvency Trustees re Update on Service Fees Act Implementation – July 16, 2020
- Notice re Directive No. 5R6, Estate Funds and Banking – July 20, 2020
- Notice re Bill C-20, An Act respecting further COVID-19 measures – July 31, 2020
- Notice - CAIRP Webinar June 2020- Summary of OSB and CAIRP Presentations
- Notice - Reopening of Business - August 11, 2020
- New or revised Directives, including:
- Directive No. 1R6, issued April 6, 2020, Counselling in Insolvency Matters
- Directive No. 5R6, issued July 14, 2020
- Two Listings of Notices to Trustees – Chronological Listing and Alphabetical Listing
Who Should Buy This Book?
The book explains leading cases from a practitioner's point of view and is perfect for:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Lawyers
- Corporate and Commercial Lawyers
- Lenders including banks, trust companies, syndicated lending associations
- Trustees, Accountants, Debtors, and Directors
- Corporate Secretaries, and In-House Corporate Counsel
- Government agencies
Table of contents
Table of Cases
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
Bankruptcy and Insolvency Rules
Template Receivership Orders (Ontario)
Notices to Trustees
Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
Template Receivership and CCAA Orders – Ontario
Appendix – Corporate Restructuring: Choice of Remedy
Wage Earner Protection Program Act