British Columbia Litigator's Pocket Reference, 2015 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The Successful Litigator's Companion
Trial lawyers – no matter how experienced – can't be expected to instantly recall the minutiae of civil procedure, which is why this one-stop source of legal and tactical information for litigators and their staff is invaluable. This handy pocket reference handbook provides a sequential guide through a civil law proceeding, identifying and summarizing the steps that must be taken and the issues that must be considered at each stage, supplementing the formal requirements of the rules of civil procedure with practical suggestions.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a succinct procedural overview of all major stages of a law suit – from starting an action through to appeals – organized in a sequential manner reflecting the flow of litigation, for ease of reference
- Offers timely understanding of the new civil procedure rules
- Point-by-point analysis offers a quick yet comprehensive description of procedure interwoven with practical advice
- Appendices offer quick access to both substantive and everyday information, such as practice directions, court directories, and important telephone numbers
- Amendments to B.C. Supreme Court Civil Rules up to B.C. Reg. 44/2014, in force March 31, 2014
- Recently issued and revised B.C. Supreme Court's Administrative Notices and Practice,/li>
Why Should Readers Buy This Book?
- Take advantage of the insights, suggestions and tips from three veteran litigators
- Easily portable for on-the-spot reference during litigation proceedings
- Checklist format offers quick access to practical considerations and procedural information
Who Should Buy This Book?
- Litigation lawyers – Practitioners can ensure they've complied with the new civil procedure rules as they prepare for, and conduct their trials
- Law clerks and litigation paralegals – Provides all the necessary administrative information required for managing civil proceedings, such as a comprehensive court directory, court fees, telephone numbers, key contacts, and more
- Law students and articling students – Become familiar with the various stages of a civil action, the procedural requirements and practical issues
- Law libraries – An invaluable addition to any collection of reference materials on British Columbia civil litigation
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Preliminary Considerations
Chapter 2: Commencement of Proceedings
Chapter 3: Responses to Pleadings and Subsidiary Claims
Chapter 4: Pleadings
Chapter 5: Matters Arising Subsequent to Pleadings
Chapter 6: Discovery of Documents
Chapter 7: Examination for Discovery
Chapter 8: Applications
Chapter 9: Setting Down for Trial
Chapter 10: The Trial
Chapter 11: Appeals
Appendix A British Columbia Government Map
Appendix B: Directory of British Columbia Courthouses
Appendix C: Directions to Supreme Court of British Columbia Registries (Except Vancouver and Victoria)
Appendix D: British Columbia Supreme Court Telephone Numbers
Appendix E" Civil Practice Directives, Practice Notes and Notices to the Profession (Court of Appeal)
Appendix F: Civil Practice Directions and Administrative Notices (Supreme Court)
Appendix G: Court Filing Fees
Appendix H: Common Causes of Action, Defences and Remedies
Appendix I: Standard Legal Citations
Appendix J: Directory of Web Sites for Litigators
New!PreorderAlberta Litigator's Pocket Reference, 2021/2022 EditionNew!Release date: July 30, 2021$104.00
Ontario Litigator's Pocket Reference, 2021 EditionRelease date: July 29, 2020$99.00
New!PreorderAnnotated Alberta Business Corporations Act, 2021/2022 EditionNew!Release date: June 30, 2021$120.00