British Columbia Business Corporations Act & Commentary, 2023 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
A leading reference tool on the British Columbia Business Corporations Act, this portable guide includes commentary prepared by leading Canadian corporate law practitioners and useful features:
- Commentary that addresses:
- New developments in the Business Corporations Act
- The history and evolution of the Act
- Overview and key elements of the Act
- Full text of British Columbia Business Corporations Act, as amended
- Full text of British Columbia Business Corporations Regulation, B.C. Reg. 65/2004
- Full text of British Columbia Extraprovincial Companies and Foreign Entities from a Designated Province Regulation, B.C. Reg. 88/2009
- Full text of British Columbia Community Contribution Company Regulation, B.C. Reg. 63/2013
- Dozens of B.C. Company, Extra Provincial Company, Unlimited Liability Company, Community Contribution Company, Benefit Company, and New West Partnership Trade Agreement forms
- Table of concordance comparing the Act, its predecessor, and the Canada Business Corporations Act
Highlights of the New Edition
- Extensively revised and reorganized legislative commentary, including a new structure broken down into six substantive chapters: Corporate Forms; Practicalities of Incorporation and Corporate Maintenance; Shareholders and Meetings; Management; Special Corporate Actions; and Offences and Enforcement
- Recent legislative and regulatory amendments, as well as a number of pending amendments to the Business Corporations Act contained in the Societies Amendment Act, 2021
- New and updated forms, including the addition of New West Partnership Trade Agreement forms
Who Should Buy
- General practitioners who must have a quick reference tool in order to advise on all aspects of a business, from incorporating to exiting
- Corporate/commercial lawyers who must keep abreast of the latest developments in business corporation law and procedures
- In-house counsel who oversee all matters of corporate compliance and propriety of corporate filings
- Law clerks who need concrete guidance to facilitate their corporate filings and record keeping
- Law clerk program students who need solid understanding of both the procedural and substantive framework for entry into the world of corporate clerkship
Table of contents
Table of Concordance
Business Corporations Act
Business Corporations Regulation
Extraprovincial Companies and Foreign Entities from a Designated Province Regulation
Community Contribution Company Regulation
British Columbia Company Forms