Annotated Youth Criminal Justice Act, Second Edition
To keep you on top of the case law flowing from the Youth Criminal Justice Act, and the fast-paced changes as issues are debated and appealed, you need the up-to-date resources offered by this publication. The newly revised overview commentary covers topics such as the governing principles of the Act; the jurisdiction of the Act and the Youth Justice Court; extrajudicial measures and sanctions; other sources of information to assist decision makers; bail; sentencing; enhanced procedural protections; appeals; and post-sentencing matters.
The full text of the legislation in both English and French.
Section-by-section annotations consisting of:
- Commentary on theYCJA that describes the changes that have taken place and providing insights into likely future developments
- Case summaries that focus on the interpretation and application of the legislation. Still-relevant cases decided under the old Act are also included
- Related sections of the old Young Offenders Act that assist you in bridging the transition from the old to the new Act
- In addition, the service also includes a Table of Concordance comparing sections of the YCJA to the YOA, and
- checklists, charts and forms.
Also Available as Lexis Note eLooseleaf. Call 1-800-668-6481 for more information.