Due to our backend system billing upgrade, orders placed after October 30 will be processed on November 2.
Thank you for understanding.
Shareholder Remedies in Canada, 2nd Edition
**This title is Print on Demand – please expect a potential delay in processing and shipping.**When abuse is alleged in the corporate context, the rights of shareholders and other parties hinge on the remedies at their disposal. Identifying, selecting and implementing the proper remedy is vital to a satisfactory outcome, and this book is an essential part of that process.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
When abuse is alleged in the corporate context, the rights of shareholders and other interested parties hinge on the remedies at their disposal. Identifying, selecting and implementing the appropriate remedy is vital to a satisfactory outcome. For the savvy practitioner, Shareholder Remedies in Canada, 2nd Edition is an essential part of that process.
- Detailed critique of statutory remedies available to stakeholders operating federally and in all CBCA-styled provincial jurisdictions - each remedy, together with its underlying statutory authority, is identified, examined and explained
- A thorough review of all significant judicial decisions - provides a time-saving summary of what the cases say and how they impact your client's position
- Convenient chart summarizing all significant Canadian oppression remedy cases from 1952 to the present
- Table of concordance linking all companies acts across Canada
- Table of statutory offences listing offences, defences and penalties created by companies legislation
- Plus extensive attention to:
- Standing and costs
- The oppression remedy
- Derivative actions
- Plans of arrangement and squeeze-out transactions
- Appraisal remedies and winding-up
- The law relating to receivers and auditors in the oppression context
- Getting access to corporate information
- Rectification, restraining and compliance orders
- Proxy circular misrepresentations
- Shareholder proposals
- A chapter providing in-depth coverage of compulsory acquisitions - those corporate transactions in which security holders' interests may be forcibly acquired or compromised, namely, "plans of arrangement" and "squeeze-outs". The chapter outlines the procedural safeguards and remedies that have been developed in corporate legislation, securities regulation and the common law intended to ensure the fairness of such transactions and to guard against abuse of minority shareholders in this context
- The chapter on standing incorporates new developments with regards to creditors
- The chapters on share valuation, derivative actions, oppression remedy and winding up keep readers informed of the most salient and recent developments
A Valuable Tool for SuccessMake Shareholder Remedies in Canada, 2nd Edition your first stop on the way to a successful resolution of your client's file.
Billing Method: Updates Billed As Issued
New!Investment Canada Act: Commentary and Annotation, 2024 EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2023$145.00
New!The Annotated Ontario Consumer Protection Act, 2024 EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2023$135.00
New!Litigating Competition Law in Canada, 2nd EditionNew!Release date: November 30, 2023$220.00