Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
From motor vehicle accidents, to errors and omissions, to disability claims, the sheer range of situations and matters that require an understanding of insurance law is broad and far-reaching. With this new publication, Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law, readers will have access to a detailed index providing immediate reference to the case law and legal principles relevant to virtually all areas of insurance law in Canada.
Features and Benefits
Edited by experienced insurance law experts Michael Thomas and Nigel Trevethan with contributions by Aaron Atkinson, JoAnne Barnum, Cameron Elder, Djuna Field, Jonathan Meadows, Kora Paciorek, David Pilley, Michael Robinson, Liisa Tella, Emily Williamson and Kim Yee, this comprehensive casebook offers both lawyers and insurance professionals an overview of the current state of Canadian law as it applies to insurance-related matters. In addition to examining long-standing insurance law principles and emerging issues, Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law provides a comprehensive index providing immediate access to detailed case summaries and insightful commentary on cases that have helped shape the current state of the area of the law.
This resource will prove invaluable to lawyers and insurance professionals who require a resource that covers multiples areas of insurance law, including automobile, medical, homeowner's, commercial liability and disability insurance, among others. Those who work in the insurance industry – whether as lawyers or non-legal professionals – will find this book particularly useful because it is:
- Comprehensive: Gain an overview of a wide range of insurance law cases and commentary
- Efficient: Access all of the insurance-related information you need in this "one-stop shop"
- Practical: This book will be a useful addition to the bookshelf of both lawyers and non-lawyers because it covers so much information
- National: Contemporary Canadian Insurance Law examines insurance law across Canada
An Important Reference
This new publication will be especially helpful for:
- Insurance lawyers who need up-to-date and relevant information on all areas of insurance law
- In-house counsel, particularly at banks and insurance companies, who are required to contain the costs associated with outside counsel
- Non-legal professionals in the insurance industry, such as adjusters and underwriters, who want a better understanding of the legal principles and responsibilities that apply to their role
- Law libraries that want to provide a useful resource for lawyers and students who don't deal with insurance matters on a regular basis
Table of contents
1. Accident and Sickness Insurance
2. Automobile Insurance
3. Commercial General Liability insurance
4. Commercial Host Liability
5. Credit Insurance
6. Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
7. Disability Insurance
8. Errors and Omissions Policies
9. Fidelity Insurance
10. Fire Insurance
11. Government Health Insurance Plans
12. Group Insurance
13. Homeowner's Insurance
14. Liability Insurance
15. Life Insurance
16. Medical Travel Insurance
17. Mortgage Life Insurance
18. Property Insurance
1. Insurance adjusters
2. Insurance brokers
4. Interests and costs
6. Practice and Procedure
New!PreorderDangerous Offender LawNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$135.00
New!PreorderCanadian Federal Courts Practice, 2022 Edition + E-Book / Pratique devant les Cours fédérales, édition 2022 + livre électroniqueNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$183.00
New!PreorderThe Law of Search and Seizure in Canada, 12th EditionNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$400.00