Notre système de facturation fait présentement l'objet d'une mise à jour. En raison de cette mise à jour, veuillez noter que toutes les commandes passées après le 30 octobre seront traitées le 2 novembre.
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension.
Student Discipline, 3rd Edition - A Guide to Bill 157 (Keeping Our Kids Safe at School)
This book simplifies the Bill 157 changes to the Education Act and explains all of the steps and procedures to be followed for student suspensions and expulsions. Learn the practical and legal implications of Bill 157, and other legal changes.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Bill 157, the Education Amendment Act (Keeping Our Kids Safe at School), 2009 made significant changes to the student discipline process in Ontario when it came into effect in February of 2010. Since then, school boards, administrators, educators and other employees have faced the challenge of implementing the additional obligations imposed by its provisions:
- Mandatory reporting of incidents
- Requirements to respond to certain misconduct
- Notification of parents or guardian of victims
- Provision of support to victims
- Principal's delegation of student discipline powers
Student Discipline, 3rd Edition - A Guide to Bill 157 (Keeping Our Kids Safe at School) simplifies the Bill 157 changes to the Education Act which significantly increased obligations on the part of school boards, administrators, teachers and other employees relating to student discipline matters. In straightforward language it explains all of the steps and procedures that must be followed for student suspensions and expulsions. Learn the practical and legal implications of the Bill 157 changes, and other legal changes such as the Bill 168 amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, plus specific measures to keep your school safe.
- When employees and others are required to report and respond to misconduct
- When and how a victim's family must be notified
- What support must be provided to a victim's family
- Step-by-step procedures for disciplining students and conducting appeals
- The application of student discipline regarding pupils with special needs
- Student discipline powers that a principal can delegate to a vice-principal and teacher and what steps must be taken to do so
- Tips for conducting principal inquiries
- Legal issues that may arise at expulsion hearings or appeals
Keep your knowledge up-to-date with:
- Detailed explanations regarding the new Bill 157 obligations
- Implications of the recent Bill 168 amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act on student discipline matters
- Amendments to the ministry guidelines regarding bullying prevention and intervention and progressive discipline
- Relevant amended sections of the Education Act and related regulations
- Relevant updated policy/program memoranda of the Ministry of Education
Who Should Buy
- Principals and vice-principals who need hands-on information about the procedures and legal issues of student discipline
- Educators and other board employees who need information about their new obligations to report and respond to certain student misconduct
- School superintendents and trustees who need information about reviewing discipline decisions and conducting discipline hearings and appeals
- School board administrators and Ministry of Education advisors who need guidance on developing policies for implementing and enforcing the student discipline provisions of the Education Act
- Education lawyers who need information about the procedures, school boards obligations and student's rights
Table des matières
About The Author
B. Overview of Changes to the Student Discipline Regime
C. The Application of Mitigating Factors and Progressive Discipline
F. Education for Suspended and Expelled Pupils
G. Code of Conduct
H. Denial of Access Provisions
I. Discipline of Pupils with Special Needs
Thema – Les procès criminels : Modes et procéduresDate de sortie: October 05, 202370,00 $
Code criminel et lois connexes annotés, édition 2024 (Volume 1) + Guide du praticien (Volume 2) + Livre électroniqueDate de sortie: August 10, 2023165,00 $
JurisClasseur Québec - Collection Droit pénal480,00 $