Personal Injury Damages, 2012-2016 Cumulative Edition
Détails des produits
The practice of assessing non-pecuniary damages is an exercise of familiarity with precedents and the numerous factors considered by the court in arriving at that figure for that particular plaintiff. Personal Injury Damages will simplify this delicate balancing act, while providing you with current information you need in one convenient and portable reference guide.
Along with the 2001-2006 Cumulative Edition* and the 2007-2011 Cumulative Edition*, this 2012-2016 Cumulative Edition includes all cases reported from January 2011 through December 2015, and will serve as your primary point of reference in researching personal injury damages.
The case indexes are organized:
- By province/territory in which they were decided and then within each jurisdiction by quantum. Each case is listed in chart form, with these significant details:
- Case, citation and court
- Date of loss and name of judge
- Gender, age and occupation
- Injury and duration
- Non-pecuniary damages
- Damages issues considered by the court
- By the nature of the injury with cross-references to the province/territory index
Personal Injury Damages is the only book you'll need to reach early settlement of claims or prepare for assessment of damages at trial. You'll also find a useful discussion of factors that affect the assessment of damages.
Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive coverage – Contains virtually all English and common-law cases in Canada where non-pecuniary damages were assessed by a judge, from January 2011 to the end of December 2015
- Easy to use format – Makes assessing non-pecuniary damages easier than ever with two time-saving case indices
- Current information – Contains most recent case decisions for your best source of information
- Up-to-date statistics – Includes the number of assessments and the average assessment for all provinces/territories
- Table of cases – Find the case you're looking for faster
- Injury index – search through close to 100 separate injury categories
- Appendix A: Basic Anatomy and Physiology – a primer on medical concepts, with extensive commentary
- Appendix B: Glossary of Medical Terms – over 750 definitions, from Abdomen to Zygoma
- Appendix C: Medical Drawings – over 20 detailed diagrams
*All cumulative editions are offered in a combo set. For further inquiries, contact customer service at: 1-800-387-0899.
Table des matières
Table of Cases
Provincial and Territorial Quantum Index
Appendix A: Basic Anatomy and Physiology
Appendix B: Glossary of Medical Terms
Appendix C: Medical Drawings