Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Immigration and Citizenship (2019 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Begin updating your law library today!
$135* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $320 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
In an environment of changing demographics, global business initiatives, widespread movement of populations and the spectre of international terrorism, the legal framework underlying immigration and refugee applications and the rules governing citizenship have never been more relevant. Newly revised and thoroughly updated, Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Immigration and Citizenship (2019 Reissue) authoritatively defines – in a clear and straightforward manner – the law that governs entry to Canada, residence requirements, and the attainment of Canadian citizenship.
Topics covered include:
- The constitutional framework
- The status of persons in Canada
- Gaining and losing permanent resident status
- Protected persons, inadmissible persons and claims for refugee protection
- Relevant classes, sponsorship, work permits and temporary residents
- Immigration and Refugee Board
- Structure, composition and powers
- Charter and jurisdictional issues
- Nature of the hearing process
- Appeal process
- Alternative international remedies
- Enforcement powers
- Arrest, detention and powers of official
- Removal – departure orders, exclusion orders, deportation orders, conditional versus final orders
- Judicial review of immigration matters
- Jurisdiction and powers of the Federal Court
- Grounds and standards of review
- Remedies – Injunctions, Certiorari, Prohibition, Mandamus, Declaration
- Appeals to the Federal Court of Appeal
- Stay of removal
- Review of security certificates
- Citizenship by birth
- Citizenship by naturalization
- Acquisition of citizenship
- Residency and knowledge requirements
- Prohibitions to granting
- Resumption of citizenship
- Procedure for applying for citizenship by naturalization
- Citizenship hearing and ceremony
- Certificate of citizenship
- Loss of citizenship
- Renunciation or revocation of citizenship
- Citizenship offences and appeals
Table des matières
Convention Refugees and Persons in Need of Protection
The Immigration and Refugee Board
Judicial Review of Immigration Matters