Bennett on the Commercial List, 2nd Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Détails des produits
Resolve Commercial Cases Quickly & Efficiently!
Unique to the Toronto Region, the Commercial List was established in 1991 to allow for the expedited hearing of insolvency and commercial matters. It is made up of a team of judges who are experienced in managing complex commercial litigation and it deals with matters involving the following legislation:
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- Personal Property Security Act
- Business Corporations Act (Ontario & Canada)
- Winding-Up and Restructuring Act
- Other commercial matters deemed appropriate by a Commercial List judge
Commercial List matters are procedurally different than other Superior Court matters and counsel are expected to know and abide by the governing Practice Direction. Bennett on the Commercial List, 2nd Edition provides lawyers with everything they need to know to ensure they are following proper procedure and adhering to best practices.
Draft with Ease and Confidence!
The 2nd edition includes 19 forms and precedents that are routinely used in this court, including:
- Request Forms – 9:30 a.m. Hearing / New Matter / Continuing Matter
- Case Timetable Template
- Disposition Sheet
- Model Receivership Order / Discharge Order
- Bankruptcy Order
- CCAA Initial Order
- Foreign Main Proceeding – Initial Recognition Order / Supplemental Order
- Sealing Order
- Model Mareva Injunction Order
- Anton Piller Order
- Approval and Vesting Order
- Plan of Arrangement – Final Order / Interim Order
Plus, these handy features:
- Includes the 2014 Practice Direction
- Up-to-date E-Filing & E-Service Protocols
- Table of Cases & selected case excerpts and headnotes
- Practice Tips and Professional Notices
Table des matières
I. Operation under The Commercial List
II. Subject Matters Heard under the Commercial List
III. E-Filing and E-Service Protocol
IV. Commercial List Practice Direction (July 1, 2014)
V. Practice Directions and Notices
VI. Memorandum Re: Commercial List Trial/Hearing Requirements – undated
VII. Practical Comments and Commercial Court Canons
VIII. Cross-Border Cases
IX. Forms and Explanatory Notes
X. Case Law