Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Employment (2023 Reissue)
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Begin updating your law library today!
$148* per volume (ISBN: 9780433454946) OR purchase individual volumes at $330 each.
For more information or to place an order please contact us.
*Per volume with commitment to purchase the entire 72-volume set.
The uncertain economics of our times and growing complexity of the employment relationship place a particular premium on a general knowledge of employment law for most Canadian lawyers. Whether the issue is reasonable grounds for dismissal, confidentiality requirements, workplace harassment or the entitlement to bereavement leave, few areas of practice are unconnected to some aspect of employment law.
Halsbury's Employment (2023 Reissue) provides the necessary understanding of this area of law, knowledgeably covering topics such as:
- Employment standards and other protective legislation
- Wages, working conditions, absences and remuneration
- Exclusions and variances
- Charter protections
- Human rights protections, including discrimination, enforcement, remedies and employment agencies
- Pay equity
- Right to privacy
- Employment relationship
- Definition of employee
- Capacity to contract
- Immigration laws
- Identifying the employer
- Making the contract of employment
- Statutory and common law requirements and sources
- Varying contractual terms
- Collateral contracts and defective contracts
- Frustration of the contract
- Obligations and duties of the employer
- Duties to pay remuneration, keep records, protect from harassment and intimidation, and provide work, a healthy and safe work environment, fairness, references, rest periods and leaves of absence
- Obligations and duties of the employee
- Common law obligations and duties, including the implied duty of fidelity, restrictive covenants, secret profits, inventions, copyright, competing with the employer, trade secrets and confidential information, fiduciary duties and repayment of advances
- Statutory obligations and duties, including illegal strikes, health and safety and public duties
- Termination of the employment relationship
- By expiry, agreement, retirement and resignation
- Constructive dismissal
- Dismissal for cause
- Notice of termination
- Wrongful dismissal
Table of contents
II. Charter, Human Rights, Pay Equity and the Right to Privacy
III. Defining the Employment Relationship
IV. The Contract of Employment
V. Obligations and Duties of the Employer
VI. Obligations and Duties of the Employee
VII. Termination of the Employment Relationship
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Discrimination and Human Rights (2022 Reissue)Release date: April 28, 2022$330.00
New!PreorderCanada Business Corporations Act & Commentary, 2023/2024 EditionNew!Release date: July 31, 2023$45.00
National Banking Law Review - Banking, Business and the Law - Newsletter$684.00