Annotated Alberta Business Corporations Act, 2020 Edition
This handy portable reference tool provides invaluable insight into the Business Corporations Act in Alberta, and includes:
- Useful context for those wanting to understand and interpret the legislation.
- Comprehensive case annotations related to the most up-to-date version of the legislation, including foundational cases, as well as recent developments.
- Expert commentary on how provisions of the legislation should be interpreted in everyday practice and how they have been applied in the case law.
- A copy of the Business Corporations Regulation (Alta. Reg. 118/2000).
- Cross-referencing that discusses how various sections of the ABCA interact with one another.
- A preface that features the authors’ assessment of the ABCA and how it compares to the Ontario Business Corporations Act and the Canada Business Corporations Act, as well as a discussion of ways the ABCA could be modernized to reflect recent developments in corporate law and practice.
The 2020 edition of the Annotated Alberta Corporations Act will be useful for:
- General practitioners who must have a quick reference to advise on all aspects of a business, from incorporation to dissolution
- Corporate / commercial lawyers who must keep abreast of the latest developments in business corporation law and procedures
- In-house counsel who oversee all matters of corporate compliance and propriety of corporate filings
- Law clerks who need concrete guidance to facilitate their corporate filings and record keeping
- Law clerk program students who need a solid understanding of both the procedural and substantive framework for entry to the world of corporate clerkship
- Law libraries that want to provide a valuable reference for their patrons
New in This Edition
- Case annotations have been updated to reflect recent developments in Alberta corporate law
Table of contents
About the Authors
Detailed Table of Contents
Table of Cases
Annotated Business Corporations Act (Alberta)