Annotated Alberta Business Corporations Act, 2020/2021 Edition
This handy portable reference tool provides invaluable insight into the Business Corporations Act in Alberta, and includes:
- Useful context for those wanting to understand and interpret the legislation.
- Comprehensive case annotations related to the most up-to-date version of the legislation, including foundational cases, as well as recent developments.
- Expert commentary on how provisions of the legislation should be interpreted in everyday practice and how they have been applied in the case law.
- A copy of the Business Corporations Regulation (Alta. Reg. 118/2000).
- Cross-referencing that discusses how various sections of the ABCA interact with one another.
- A preface that features the authors’ assessment of the ABCA and how it compares to the Ontario Business Corporations Act and the Canada Business Corporations Act, as well as a discussion of ways the ABCA could be modernized to reflect recent developments in corporate law and practice.
New in This Edition
- Case annotations have been updated to reflect recent developments in Alberta corporate law
A Useful Resource
The 2021 Edition of the Annotated Alberta Corporations Act will be useful for:
- General practitioners who must have a quick reference to advise on all aspects of a business, from incorporation to dissolution
- Corporate / commercial lawyers who must keep abreast of the latest developments in business corporation law and procedures
- In-house counsel who oversee all matters of corporate compliance and propriety of corporate filings
- Law clerks who need concrete guidance to facilitate their corporate filings and record keeping
- Law clerk program students who need a solid understanding of both the procedural and substantive framework for entry to the world of corporate clerkship
- Law libraries that want to provide a valuable reference for their patrons
Table of contents
Detailed Table of Contents
Table of Cases
Annotated Business Corporations Act (Alberta)