The Annotated Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, 2022 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
In Ontario, statutory accident benefits are defined by regulation under the province's Insurance Act. That regulation is known as the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) and is a critical component of the insurance regime that people injured in motor vehicle accidents – and their lawyers – rely on.
The Annotated Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, 2022 Edition is an annual publication that provides up-to-date expert commentary and insight into the SABS and the case law that has since interpreted each of its provisions.
This year's edition of the soft-bound guide to the SABS is sure to be an invaluable reference for professionals dealing with insurance and personal injury claims. In particular, The Annotated Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, 2022 Edition includes:
- The full text of the SABS and regulations, and an exhaustive list of cases, organized by section so that readers can gain a deeper understanding of how courts and tribunals have considered the various provisions of the SABS and can therefore better advise clients
- Cross references between sections so that the readers' attention is directed to sections that relate to each other or that should be read in conjunction with one another
- Section by section commentary with insightful analysis that explains each section in accessible language and also how the version of the SABS – Effective September 1, 2010 compares to the previous version
- Useful appendices, including the License Appeal Tribunal Rules of Practice and Procedure, Version I (October 2017), guidance from the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) and many documents from the Financial Services Commission of Ontario such as bulletins, forms and guidelines so readers can access everything they need in one easy-to-use, consolidated guide
A handy reference
This publication will be a very useful resource for anyone who works in the area of personal injury insurance claims, especially:
- Insurance claims lawyers
- Personal injury lawyers
- Paralegals practising in the area of personal injury
- In-house lawyers at insurance companies
- Claims adjusters
Table of contents
Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule – Effective September 1, 2010 (O. Reg. 34/10)
Part I: General
Part II: Income Replacement, Non-Earner and Caregiver Benefits
Part III: Medical, Rehabilitation and Attendant Care Benefits
Part IV: Payment of Other Expenses
Part V: Death and Funeral Expenses
Part VI: Optional Benefits
Part VII: General Exclusions
Part VIII: Procedures for Claiming Benefits
Part IX: Payment of Benefits
Part X: Responsibility to Obtain Treatment, Participate in Rehabilitation and Seek Employment or Self-Employment
Part XI: Interaction with Other Systems
Part XII: Miscellaneous
Part XIII: Transitional Provisions
Ontario Automobile Policy and Garage Automobile Policy
Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) Guidance
Financial Services Commission of Ontario Bulletins
Financial Services Commission of Ontario Guidelines
Ontario Insurance Claims Forms (OCF Forms)
Licence Appeal Tribunal Rules of Practice and Procedure, Version 1 (October 2017)
Licence Appeal Tribunal Forms
New!PreorderCanadian Federal Courts Practice, 2022 Edition + E-Book / Pratique devant les Cours fédérales, édition 2022 + livre électroniqueNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$183.00
New!PreorderYour Employment Standards Questions Answered – Federal and Provincial Guidance, 9th EditionNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$125.00
New!PreorderDrafting Wills in Canada: A Lawyer's Practical Guide, 3rd Edition + USBNew!Release date: December 31, 2021$220.00