Ontario Superior Court Practice: Annotated Rules & Legislation, 2023 Edition + Annotated Small Claims Court Rules & Related Materials Volume + E-Book + Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet – Student Edition
Ontario Superior Court Practice provides annotated Ontario rules of civil procedure highlighting the crucial information and principles you need to argue on the fly. The clear, well-organized statements of the current civil law and practice are often cited in the lower courts and by the Court of Appeal. This is a student edition.
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Click here for the professional edition of Ontario Superior Court Practice, 2023 Edition.
The latest legislative and case law developments pertaining to the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure
The 2023 Edition of Ontario Superior Court Practice incorporates legislative developments and the most salient case law pertaining to the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure, the Rules of the Small Claims Court and related statutes including the Class Proceedings Act, 1992, Solicitor’s Act, Limitations Act, 2002, and more.
10 Reasons Why OSCP is the "On-the-Go" Rules book for All Civil Litigators
- Annotations provide a summary of the law with cases footnoted – saves you time to "navigate the forest" to get to the salient point
- More in-depth and extensive annotations than other Rules books – gives you the answer that is not found elsewhere
- Example situations – helps you apply points of law to applicable situations
- Annotations edited by the judiciary to ensure currency – prepares you to meet bench expectations
- Accessible tables with procedural & substantive limitation periods, causes of action, defences and remedies, and civil appeal routes – provides you with the roadmap for your case
- Quick Guide to Preparation and Filing of Court Materials – relieves you of last-minute panic to prepare court filings
- Other sources of topical discussion – directs you to quality publications for further research
- E-discovery Checklist – reminds you of the do’s and don’ts of e-discovery
- E-Book version that offers portability and free off-line access to full text of cases – allows you to leave your desk copy in your office
- “Two-In-One” (Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure + fully annotated Small Claims Court Rules) – saves you the hassle to “toggle” between two Rules books
The 2023 Edition Also Includes...
- New Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet, highlighting the most important things you need to know about motions under Rules 19, 20 (Summary Judgment), 21 (Determination of Issue Before Trial), and 40 (Interlocutory Injunctions and Mandatory Orders). This handy reference tool is ideal for litigators and judges who need quick answers while arguing or hearing common motions.
- The latest amendments to the Rules, including with respect to service of expert reports, scheduling of pre-trial conferences, the test for leave to admit evidence at trial, confirmations, and deadlines for uploading materials to CaseLines.
- Expanded Practice Notes under s. 137.1 of the Courts of Justice Act (anti-SLAPP provision), providing more examples of the circumstances under which plaintiffs’ claims will be dismissed or permitted to proceed.
- Commentary on relevant new Supreme Court of Canada decisions in Grant Thornton LLP v. New Brunswick (discoverability test at common law), Sherman Estate v. Donovan (open court principle), Anderson v. Alberta (advance costs), and B.C v. Council of Canadians with Disabilities (public interest standing).
- Commentary on Ontario Court of Appeal rulings released in the last year, including RBC v. 1643937 Ontario Inc. (summary judgment), Thrive Capital Management Ltd. v. Noble (contempt and striking pleadings for non-compliance ), Louis v. Poitras (striking jury notice during pandemic ), Nirmalendran v. T.E.C. Leaseholds Limited (jurisdiction of case management judges regarding summary judgment motions ), Sosnov v. J&H Freiberg (limitations on the role of court-appointed experts), and Grand River Conservation Authority v. Ramdas(assistance to be given to self-represented litigants).
- Expanded Practice Notes under the Rules of the Small Claims Court, incorporating virtually all reported decisions over the last years.
- Updated Small Claims Court, Rules of Civil Procedure, and Family Law Rules Forms.
Exclusive E-Book Functionality
Combining technology and superior annotation and commentary, OSCP includes a complimentary e-book version that exclusively offers hyperlinks to full text cases, so you can read a specific rule, locate a relevant case, and link to a full-text version online without additional charge. Plus, you can read, bookmark, copy and email text, do key word searches and make highlights and notes. Plus, LexisNexis e-books are optimized for all mobile devices.
Student Edition: Softcover
Table of contents
Quick Guide to Preparation & Filing of Court Materials
- Procedural Limitation Periods
- Substantive Limitation Periods
- Flowcharts Summarizing Processes under the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Civil Appeal Routes
- Causes of Action, Defences and Remedies
- Courts of Justice Act
- Class Proceedings Act, 1992
- Law Society Act (selected sections)
- Solicitors Act
- Limitations Act, 2002
- Evidence Act
- Judicial Review Procedure Act
- Number of Judges, O. Reg. 502/99
- Designation of Regions, R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 186
- Small Claims Court Jurisdiction and Appeal Limit, O. Reg. 626/00
- Bilingual Proceedings, O. Reg. 53/01
- General Regulation, O. Reg. 497/20
- Subrogated Claims (Class Proceedings Act), O. Reg. 498/20
- Class Proceedings, O. Reg. 771/92
- Mediators' Fees (Rule 24.1, Rules of Civil Procedure), O. Reg. 451/98
- Rules of Civil Procedure (Annotated)
- Tariffs and Fees
Annotated Small Claims Court Rules and Related Materials Volume
- Rules of the Small Claims Court (Annotated)
- Family Law Rules
- Small Claims Court Forms
- Rules of Civil Procedure Forms
- Family Law Forms
- Commonly Used Forms at the Family Responsibility Office
- Forms Regulated by the Family Responsibility and Support Arrears Enforcement Act, 1996
- Forms Required Under the Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act, 2002
- Family Law Rules Forms
- Do's and Don'ts of E-Discovery Practices in Ontario
- Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee Model Document #8 Annotated E-Discovery Checklist
- Ontario E-Discovery Implementation Committee Model Document #9 Checklist for Preparing a Discovery Plan
E-Book + Key Takeaways for Common Motions Flysheet
New!PreorderOntario Superior Court Practice: Annotated Rules & Legislation, 2023 Edition + Annotated Small Claims Court Rules & Related Materials Volume + E-Book + Key Takeaways for Common Motions FlysheetNew!Release date: August 31, 2022$150.00
New!PreorderOntario Family Law Practice, 2023 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2) – Student EditionNew!Release date: September 30, 2022$120.00
New!PreorderOntario Family Law Practice, 2023 Edition (Volume 1) + Related Materials (Volume 2)New!Release date: September 30, 2022$265.00