Ontario Planning Legislation & Commentary, 2022 Edition
In one, index-tabbed, portable volume, this text offers expert commentary outlining key features of both the historical and the latest legislative changes presented with citations to relevant case law from both the Courts and the Ontario Land Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board and then the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal).
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Each passing year brings changes to land use planning laws and policies in the Province of Ontario, including the More Home for Everyone Act, 2022. Having a reliable resource at your fingertips while virtually attending a hearing or public meeting is now vital to your practice.
In one, index-tabbed, portable volume, Ontario Planning Legislation & Commentary, 2022 Edition offers expert commentary outlining key features of the latest legislative changes presented with both historical context and with citations to relevant case law from both the Courts and the Ontario Land Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board and then the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal).
Features and Benefits
- Full text of the Planning Act; Ontario Land Tribunal Act, 2021; Greenbelt Act, 2005; Lake Simcoe Protection Act, 2008; Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001; Places to Grow Act, 2005; and all key Regulations – pertinent legislation at your fingertips
- Full text of the Lake Simcoe Protection Plan and the Greenbelt Plan, Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, and the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe – handy references for land use planning
- Expert commentary – gain a solid understanding of how the Planning Act and related legislation fit together and expert insights on recent planning issues and noteworthy court decisions
- Provincial Policy Statements (2020) – discover what planning decision-makers must apply from a provincial policy perspective
- Index-tabbed format – Easy to locate the different sections of the book
Highlights of the 2022 Edition
- Extensive discussion on recent legislative activity such as:
- Bill 109, the More Homes for Everyone Act, 2022
- Bill 197, the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Act
- Amendment No. 1 to the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (2019)
- Provincial Policy Statement 2020
Who Should Buy:
- Planners requiring a concise, yet in-depth guide to the Planning Act for everyday reference
- Municipal councillors who need straightforward information on how the legislation and planning process work
- Real estate and municipal law practitioners who need to be well grounded in the statutory and regulatory framework of the legislation
- Students looking for a resource that describes not only the current state of planning law in Ontario, but how it has evolved over time
Table of contents
Selected Planning Act Regulations
Provincial Policy Statement, 2020
Greenbelt Act, 2005
Greenbelt Act, 2005 Regulations
Greenbelt Plan, 2017
Lake Simcoe Protection Act, 2008
Lake Simcoe Protection Act, 2008 Regulation
Lake Simcoe Protection Plan
Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001
Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001 Regulations
Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, 2017
Places to Grow Act, 2005
Places to Grow Act, 2005 Regulations
Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe