Ontario Municipal Act & Commentary, 2022 Edition
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Keep Abreast of Recent Key Changes from the Ontario Land Tribunal Act, 2021, COVID-19 Economic Recovery Act, and More!
The Authoritative Legal Guide to Ontario’s Municipal Act, 2001
For almost two decades, Ontario Municipal Act & Commentary has been the leading guide that municipalities and municipal law professionals regularly consult for understanding Ontario’s municipal law regime and keeping abreast of the latest developments of the law. This text incorporates the complete Municipal Act, 2001, and all the new and amended relevant regulations, along with a handy table of concordance to the former Municipal Act and to the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
The indispensable commentary, written by leading municipal lawyers John Mascarin and Christopher Williams, provides a detailed analysis of the Municipal Act, 2001 to assist readers in understanding how it is to be interpreted and applied, as well as how it compares to the City of Toronto Act, 2006. All recent case law of note is commented upon, and all new and amended regulations are included.
New in This Edition
- Commentary on recent significant court decisions such as:
- Fortin v. Sudbury (City), 2020 ONSC 5300 and Hummel Properties Inc. v. Niagara-on-the-Lake (Town), 2021 ONSC 2793 regarding the quashing of by-laws on grounds of bad faith or illegality
- Watson v. Stirling-Rawdon (Municipality), 2021 ONSC 2436 and Dhillon v. Brampton (City), 2021 ONSC 4165 concerning the duty of disclosure and duty of procedural fairness in integrity commissioner investigations
- Inclusion of recent amendments to the Municipal Act, 2001, including Part XVII.0.1 of the Act on Ontario Land Tribunal – Jurisdiction and Powers
- Discussion of the newly enacted Ontario Land Tribunal Act, 2021
- Updated Municipal Act regulations, including O. Reg. 55/18 “Codes of Conduct – Prescribed Subject Matters”
A Vital Tool For
- Ontario municipal law practitioners
- Municipalities and their legal departments
- Ontario Municipal Administrators' Association (OMAA) members
Table of contents
List of Municipal Act Regulations Included in This Edition
Detailed Table of Contents
Table of Concordance (Municipal Act, 2001 to Municipal Act, Other Statutes and City of Toronto Act, 2006)
Municipal Act, 2001
Municipal Act, 2001 Regulations
Declaration of Office
Memorandum of Understanding Between the Province of Ontario and AMO
Table of Regulations Continued Under the Municipal Act, 2001
Ontario Municipal Act & Commentary, 2021 EditionRelease date: October 26, 2020$118.00
New!Annotated Ontario Building Code Act, 2022 EditionNew!Release date: September 28, 2021$135.00
Halsbury's Laws of Canada – Maritime (2020 Reissue) / Municipal (2020 Reissue)Release date: September 16, 2020$320.00