Williams on Wills - First Supplement to the Tenth edition
This new supplement brings your copy of Williams on Wills fully up-to-date with all the recent legislative changes in wills and probate.
- Commentary on new case law since November 2014 e.g. post-Marley v Rawlings jurisprudence on construction and rectification of wills; test for mental capacity relating to wills; court's approach to "knowledge and approval" cases; deathbed gifts of real estate (the doctrine of donatio mortis causa); Inheritance Act claims
- Updating existing commentary in the books, eg looking again (in light of subsequent experience in practice) at the post-October 2014 statutory definition of "personal chattels"
- Inclusion in all relevant chapters of any new relevant legislation
- Inclusion of statutory commencement dates (where these were not known at the time of publication of the last edition - eg Same-Sex Marriage Act 2013)
- Reviewing drafting precedents in light of all of the above and also in light of changes in the tax law (particularly changes to inheritance tax introduced in the July 2015 budget)