Trademarks Act & Commentary, 2018 Edition
This trademark law desktop reference for IP practitioners, agents and clerks brings together the full text of the Trademarks Act and Regulations, selected provisions of other governing legislation, suggested forms and other practice-related materials. The year in review and introductory commentary fully updates you on legislative, jurisprudential and practice developments.
Features and Benefits
- Introductory commentary – Gain an overview of both the legislative and operative frameworks for trademark practice in Canada
- Year in review – Discover major recent developments and their implications on trademark practice
- Full text of key legislation and pertinent materials – Locate all essential trademark information and data with no need to search elsewhere
- Practice notices – Follow current Trademarks Office Practice Notices and keep abreast of latest changes
- The Trademarks Examination Manual
- Relevant sections of the Competition Act
- Tariff of fees
- Table of concordance comparing the Trademarks Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. T-13 to the Trademarks Act, R.S.C. 1970, c. T-1
New Edition Highlights:
- Amendments to the Trade-marks Act from S.C. 2017, c. 6, in force since September, 21, 2017 .
- 2017 year in review, noting key developments and recent decisions such as:
- Google, Inc. v Equustek Solutions Inc.
- Recently revised and issued Trademarks Office Practice Notices, including the New Correspondence Procedures (May 2017) and Practice in Objection Proceedings under Section 11.13 of the Trade-marks Act (issued in September, 2017)
Who Uses This Consolidation?
- Intellectual property lawyers who need to stay abreast of the latest developments in trademarks
- Trademark agents/clerks who must have instant access to pertinent legislation and related material for completing trademark applications and processing claims
- Intellectual property trainees/students who need an overview of trademark law and practice
- Large business corporations and in-house counsel who need to protect their own trademarks
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office, Industry Canada and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada who must have instant access to key legislation and material in delivering current programs and services
Table of contents
Year in Review
Table of Concordance
Trademarks Examination Manual
Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property
Selected Provisions of the Competition Act
Selected Provisions of the Criminal Code
Olympic and Paralympic Marks Act & Regulations
Membership List of the World Trade Organization